Paula Abdual is tone deaf | Golden Skate

Paula Abdual is tone deaf

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
On American Idol, Paula must be tone deaf. I can't believe the amount of talentless singers she gives the nod to when Simon and Randy say a definite no. At least Simon has the sense to tell people when they are singing horribly and don't possess any talent. Randy sometimes agrees with Paula. I don't know, maybe both Randy and Paula are tone deaf. I don't blame Simon for walking off the set in disgust.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I just hope that the people we have not heard but who have been put through are better singers with more unique voices than the majority of those we have been allowed to listen to.

diver chick

On the Ice
I think Simon is great! In this world of PC and nanny states I think it is refreshing to hear someone tell it like it is. I appreciate that he can be over the top sometimes but I have generally found that he is only like that with people who just refuse to hear the truth and who try and tell him he doesn't know what he is taking about!

I can't sing a note and if I went on Pop Idol I would fully expect to be torn to bits by Simon, but then I am not deluded enough to think that I am a fabulous singer so I would never go on a show like that.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
I think Paula sometimes knows that Simon & Randy already said (or will very likely say) no and she throws in a compassion (or pity?) vote just so the contestants don't get too down on themselves. Afterall, some of these singers actually do have a good voice/ talent but just not up to par with the competition, or they're just not the type that fits the American Idol concept.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If the singer has a decent voice I'm all for her taking them down gently...

it's the complete and total crapfests that she needs to quit babying lol