Short Program Tonight | Golden Skate

Short Program Tonight

CDMM1991

Medalist
I have my short program for one of my last competitions of the season tonight. IT's not really a major competition, just a local open championship, but we only have four or five competitions a season around here, so we see every one as pretty important :).

Anyways, I haven't had a clean short yet this season; my combination has just been eluding me in the short I guess :laugh: Hopefully it will decide to appear at the right time tonight! :laugh: So far this year it had developed a handy habit of appearing in the warm-up and then hiding itself for the rest of the night. Hopefully tonight that won't be the case.

My spins have been a lot better lately so hopefully they will hold me up if I decide to wipe the ice :laugh:, of course an idea I'm trying to keep out of my mind at the moment.

Wish me luck! I'll try to post tonight if I'm not too tired, and let you know how it went! Then of course I'll have my mind on the long, tomorrow night!

CDMM

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
CDMM1991 said:
I have my short program for one of my last competitions of the season tonight. IT's not really a major competition, just a local open championship, but we only have four or five competitions a season around here, so we see every one as pretty important :).

Anyways, I haven't had a clean short yet this season; my combination has just been eluding me in the short I guess :laugh: Hopefully it will decide to appear at the right time tonight! :laugh: So far this year it had developed a handy habit of appearing in the warm-up and then hiding itself for the rest of the night. Hopefully tonight that won't be the case.

My spins have been a lot better lately so hopefully they will hold me up if I decide to wipe the ice :laugh:, of course an idea I'm trying to keep out of my mind at the moment.

Wish me luck! I'll try to post tonight if I'm not too tired, and let you know how it went! Then of course I'll have my mind on the long, tomorrow night!

CDMM

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. Only 5 competitions? My God, you say only for that...! We have one or two in our country...three if we're lucky...

Anyway, what's your music?

Last edited:

CDMM1991

Medalist
My music is Variations on a Theme of Paganini [the same as Shizuka Arakawa's :laugh:] for my short, and music from "The Pajama Game" for my long.
Ehhhhhh the short didn't go so well. My layback at the start was really nice [much improved from that one <-- haha], and I was happy with that but then my solo jump had a bit of a scratchy landing. My axel was fine, and my combo spin was fine, but then on my combination I sort of popped it like three quarters of the way through *BRAINFART* and then my flying camel -- well let's just not talk about that one :laugh:. My footwork was fine at the end of the program, but I was REALLY frustrated about that combo because I haven't landed a clean one all season. Oh well, hopefully I'll get it in the long tomorrow.

The short has never been a very good event for me, and luckily, for this competition, the short and long are deemed completely separate categories, so I start with a clean slate tomorrow. My coach always says that I skate a better long with a bit of a fire in belly, when I'm mad because of my short and want to prove myself. So I've found myself in that situation again. I've had fairly consistent longs all season, so hopefully I'll have a good one tomorrow and finish the season off nicely.

anything_for_skating --> I never knew how lucky I was! :laugh: I was just comparing myself to skaters I've met from the US and Ontario [a bigger part of Canada] that have several competitions a season, and we're not so lucky here in Nova Scotia [We're on the east coast of Canada]

Anyways, thanks for your encouragement, and hopefully the long will go well!