Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Kwan Test Results

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Wow, that was soooooooooooooooo much better than Emily. Emily had a clean SP (with a save) and did 4 triples in her LP and at least attempted the 3 loop.
    It's called PCS, . At the international comps Emily did, she got PCS in the 5s while Kwan on her worst Worlds ever got PCS in the 7s.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa
    It's called PCS, . At the international comps Emily did, she got PCS in the 5s .
    I think that was where the US Nationals was judged against the internationals? Where Katy got 5s, Emily got around 6s? And now look what Katy got at 4CC? Total 10 points more PCS over her Nationals SP?

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    Wow, that was soooooooooooooooo much better than Emily. Emily had a clean SP (with a save) and did 4 triples in her LP and at least attempted the 3 loop.
    *Rolls eyes* Oh here we go...

Custom Title
    Yep and with not nearly as much grace as Michelle has in her little toe. Few years time and Emily will be great, right now she just doesn't have the flair and it is about the total package, IMO. Emily will be 20 the next Olympics...she has plenty of time.

Medalist
    Well, I say Congrats! to Michelle not only for making the Olympic team but also being in better shape at this point than I think most people reckoned.
    She landed 4 triples in the LP and only missed the 2 axel in her SP - I believe she was allowed to start jumping only on January 17 or so? That was less than two weeks ago! It'll be interesting to see how much further along she is 3 1/2 weeks from now -

Soogar, don't let this problem you have with Michelle ruin your life. She's just a figure skater trying to do the best she can like everyone else. It will be all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koroleva
    Emily should be going.
    Well...she's not.

Custom Title
    No question MK deserves to go if healthy, which she apparently is. Irina is still the favorite, and if she does all her technical elements will almost assuredly win. But, if MK does all the jumps listed earlier, even w/o a 3loop or a 3/3, she can most definitely compete with Irina, Sasha and the Japanese contingent (and I guess home town girl Carolina) for the podium. I don't feel sorry for Emily at all, and I'll bet she knows Michelle should skate instead of her. Plenty of time for her down the road. Now, had Alissa skated her best and been 2nd or 3rd at Nats, and either her or Kimmie replaced, THEN there might have been a controversy.

Master Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by lil lion 816
    She landed 4 triples in the LP and only missed the 2 axel in her SP - I believe she was allowed to start jumping only on January 17 or so? That was less than two weeks ago! It'll be interesting to see how much further along she is 3 1/2 weeks from now -
    And she only started training the 2a on Thursday! (as in only a day ago)

Quote Originally Posted by cmego500
    You also have to add the possible triple-triple. In the article, she really sounded like she was determined to go for it.
    I don't see that a 3/3 would be of any benefit unless she plans to do another double axel which given that that is jump that causes the injured groin the most pain, i would doubt. If she's leaving the loop out, there's nothing to gain my doing a 3/3.

Ant

Custom Title
    What should the USFSA have done? Told Emily that "we don't think you are as capable as Michelle of dealing with this and of triumphing anyway?"

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    It sounds like Michelle has made amazing progress with her jumps in just two weeks. Good for her!! Best wishes to Michelle for two terrific Oly performances.

Congratulations to Emily as well for earning as spot as the alternate on the Oly team and being named to the World team. That is quite an accomplishment for her, in her first full season as a Sr. and at her age.

It sounds like Michelle is coming along great for a full recovery by the Oly's. I'm thrilled for her as this has obviously been an important goal over the last 4 years. And I am happy for Emily too as one of the bright future prospects for the US team.

DG

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan
    Yep and with not nearly as much grace as Michelle has in her little toe. Few years time and Emily will be great, right now she just doesn't have the flair and it is about the total package, IMO. Emily will be 20 the next Olympics...she has plenty of time.
    Emily has a lot of style and flair. I definitely don't think that Baby Hughes is going to hang around until she is 20 years old. The parents strongly encouraged Sarah to go to school instead of tour as a reigning OGM. I think that Emily will be attending an Ivy League school when she is 20 instead of competing for the US.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Emily has a lot of style and flair. I definitely don't think that Baby Hughes is going to hang around until she is 20 years old. The parents strongly encouraged Sarah to go to school instead of tour as a reigning OGM. I think that Emily will be attending an Ivy League school when she is 20 instead of competing for the US.
    And what is wrong with that? There have been other athletes who have competed while attending school, and if Emily "just" chooses to go to an Ivy League school,. the best of luck and she will have a wonderful future that many other young adults can only dream of, Olympics or not.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxgirl
    And what is wrong with that? There have been other athletes who have competed while attending school, and if Emily "just" chooses to go to an Ivy League school,. the best of luck and she will have a wonderful future that many other young adults can only dream of, Olympics or not.
    Nothing wrong about that, but she lost her one shot to go to the games and folks act like there's going to be another shot for her b/c she's 16. I don't believe that will be the case for Emily.

Custom Title
    Soogar, I'm sorry but you're sounding more and more ridiculous. We all know you have an agenda against Michelle, but please come up with something more solid.

And please take Mathman's advice, lighten up and enjoy life; surely this hatred of Michelle is detrimental to your health.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast