Kwan Test Results | Golden Skate

Kwan Test Results

R.D.

Record Breaker
Now that it's official, let's see how much press commotion there'll be during her stay. Also, let the predictions begin. How's she gonna do?

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Red Dog -

I predict: drumroll

Michelle finishes in Fourth Place behind Shizuka.

There, I said it! :rolleye:

Tenorguy

bronxgirl

Medalist
I'm thrilled that she will get her chance for her last Olympic dream. Good luck and good health to all the competitors!

heyang

Record Breaker
Yay!! I'm so Happy!

Based on the picture, she looks to be in much much better shape than during Marshall's and the fluff interviews broadcast during Nationals.

Even if she doesn't bring home gold, I'm glad that she's getting this chance to go to Turin.

Red Dog said:
Now that it's official, let's see how much press commotion there'll be during her stay. Also, let the predictions begin. How's she gonna do?
There should be enough bad press as we have seen to keep you happy.:rofl:

She'll be the dark horse that wins the Olys.:agree:

Joe

insecureedge

On the Ice
Last edited:

LBC

On the Ice
insecureedge said:
With good footwork but somewhat mixed jump results...

LP: skipped 2axel, 3-4 triples (including 3lutz-2toe-2toe), ending 2lutz
SP: 2axel (fall), 3lutz-2toe, 3flip (shaky)
No 3loops

from AP via Yahoo:http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/figure_skating/news?slug=ap-fig-kwan-olympics&prov=ap&type=lgns

from Hersh: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/other/international/cs-060127hershkwan,1,1228283.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

from AP via MSNBC:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11061336

That probably would have made the team at Nationals. Alissa fell twice and was still in it after the SP. 4 clean triples with some decent spin levels and her normal high component scores probably would have beaten Emily. Not sure about Kimmie who had 7 triples.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Kwan for proving herself once again.

Congratulations to the committee for making the right decision.

Congratulations to the world that everyone gets at least one more chance to see this marvelous athlete compete.

:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

LET THE NITPICKING BEGIN

I'll start. Without the loop jump, she will need, imo, her magical charisma upgraded to level 5.

On the plus side, Rachmaninoff has been good for Kwan. I just hate those opening beats (sounds like the grim reaper is ready to take someone.)

Joe

MidnightNess

Rinkside
apparently her layout is the following

2axel (skipped)
3sal
3flip
3lutz/2toe
3toe/2toe/2toe
3flip/toe
2lutz

if she sticks to that layout, it looks like she's backloading for extra points. Very smart ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Definitely. She'll need all the points she can get. I think if she puts out a strong performance, she can definitely be in contention for a medal. If it were the 6.0 system I'd even say that if the chips fall right, she could WIN the d*** thing, but since it's Cop, I don't think that's going to happen. JMO