Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Kwan Test Results

Congratulations to Kwan for proving herself once again.

Congratulations to the committee for making the right decision.

Congratulations to the world that everyone gets at least one more chance to see this marvelous athlete compete.

:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

LET THE NITPICKING BEGIN

I'll start. Without the loop jump, she will need, imo, her magical charisma upgraded to level 5.

On the plus side, Rachmaninoff has been good for Kwan. I just hate those opening beats (sounds like the grim reaper is ready to take someone.)

Joe

HERE is another link.

Tripping on the Podium
    apparently her layout is the following

2axel (skipped)
    3sal
    3flip
    3lutz/2toe
    3toe/2toe/2toe
    3flip/toe
    2lutz

if she sticks to that layout, it looks like she's backloading for extra points. Very smart

Down With It
    Definitely. She'll need all the points she can get. I think if she puts out a strong performance, she can definitely be in contention for a medal. If it were the 6.0 system I'd even say that if the chips fall right, she could WIN the d*** thing, but since it's Cop, I don't think that's going to happen. JMO

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightNess

2axel (skipped)
    3sal
    3flip
    3lutz/2toe
    3toe/2toe/2toe
    3flip/toe
    2lutz

if she sticks to that layout, it looks like she's backloading for extra points. Very smart
    You also have to add the possible triple-triple. In the article, she really sounded like she was determined to go for it.

I am very happy for Michelle and relieved. Some of you are under the assumption that everyone else, but Michelle, is going to nail their programs, every last jump will be perfectly rotated, landed solidly, and not doubled......come one now, how often does that happen? Give her a break......... 42

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightNess

2axel (skipped)
    3sal
    3flip
    3lutz/2toe
    3toe/2toe/2toe
    3flip/toe
    2lutz

I thought the majority of the articles were saying she landed a 3flip/2loop/2loop which bodes well for having the loop jump even as a double.

RD, I think that she stands as good a chance as anyone else of getting a medal including the golden one. Sounds like her footwork is really up there and most of the articles I've read so far have said she has L3/L4 elements. So someone knows something.

And, show, I agree with you. It isn't as if everyone is going to come out and have the skate of a lifetime.

ETA: And I really like reading about her "majestic spirals". Majestic! I love that word.

Master Procrastinator
    There seems to be some confusion on her three-jump combination. I have read 3/lz/2t/2t, 3t/2t/2t, and 3f/2t/2t! This seems to be the most detailed report:

http://www.usocpressbox.org/

I happy she's going, and hope she does well. I never thought she would and happy I am wrong. Hope she just take everything in has fun and enjoys her last Oplymics as a competer.

Custom Title

Happy

I am very happy she did as well as she did, which was pretty darn good. I think she is doing amazingly well and I didn't expect her to be so far along. I just pray to GOD that she doesn't re-injure herself and that she can keep up her stamina. She looks really good and in shape. Great going Michelle and congratulations!!!

average opinionated skate fan
    I'm personally very happy for Ms. Kwan, she's won me over with the passage of time and I think that with her 9 time nats and 5 times world (9 world medals overall) she has certainly earned her opportunity to be considered and affirmed for her place on the olympic team.

My real question is , if she medals, what pressure will there be to leave Emily behind and have Kwan skate for one last Worlds title? Quite rightly, Kwan should be given the opportunity to compete for the Olympics due to her lengthy resume and the fact that this will be her swan song olympically. However, would it be right for her to go to world if it meant someone wouldn't get to complete. As much as I'd like to see her win another worlds, I think that she could retire with any color medal and her standing in the sport most likely won't be eclipsed for a long time.

Custom Title
    Here is some information on how her skate test went
    http://usocpressbox.org

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8m8

My real question is , if she medals, what pressure will there be to leave Emily behind and have Kwan skate for one last Worlds title? Quite rightly, Kwan should be given the opportunity to compete for the Olympics due to her lengthy resume and the fact that this will be her swan song olympically. However, would it be right for her to go to world if it meant someone wouldn't get to complete. As much as I'd like to see her win another worlds, I think that she could retire with any color medal and her standing in the sport most likely won't be eclipsed for a long time.
    I read somewhere that Michelle wanted her last skate to be at Olys. Furthermore, Michelle didn't petition for Worlds; Emily was named to the World team, and Michelle isn't even listed as an alternate So, even if Michelle medaled, I think that all h*** would break loose if Michelle kicked Emily off of the World team.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8m8
    My real question is , if she medals, what pressure will there be to leave Emily behind and have Kwan skate for one last Worlds title?
    None. The world team has already been announced: Sasha, Kimmie, Emily.

If Sasha decides not to compete (hey, she might the the Olympic champ at that point), I think Katy Taylor is the alternate.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast