Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Kwan Test Results

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8m8
    I'm personally very happy for Ms. Kwan, she's won me over with the passage of time and I think that with her 9 time nats and 5 times world (9 world medals overall) she has certainly earned her opportunity to be considered and affirmed for her place on the olympic team.

My real question is , if she medals, what pressure will there be to leave Emily behind and have Kwan skate for one last Worlds title? Quite rightly, Kwan should be given the opportunity to compete for the Olympics due to her lengthy resume and the fact that this will be her swan song olympically. However, would it be right for her to go to world if it meant someone wouldn't get to complete. As much as I'd like to see her win another worlds, I think that she could retire with any color medal and her standing in the sport most likely won't be eclipsed for a long time.
    With her 5 world titles, even if Michelle should medal, I don't think she would begrudge Emily the chance to go.

Quote Originally Posted by cmego500
    You also have to add the possible triple-triple. In the article, she really sounded like she was determined to go for it.
    I'm hoping that 3x3 comes into the play. Aside from the badly needed points, it'll perk up the judges for GoEs on everything else.

Joe

Custom Title
    Emily should be going.

Kwan get a 3/3? LOL.

Custom Title
    Well I'm really happy for her and for myself as I miss seeing her skate. As for Gold it sounds as though she is really hungry for it . As per her jumps, well four 3s up from none two weeks ago is great considering she has four weeks before the LP in Torino. I think she has a shot.

Custom Title
    In everything I've read, Michelle acknowledged that a 3/3 would be helpful, but I never read that she actually said she is planning one. Sasha doesn't have one; she uses spins; based on what I've been reading on other boards, Michelle seems to be backloading her program. Besides, under the CoP, the main value of a 3/3 is to allow the skater to put in 7 triples in the allowable jumping passes, and that could also be done by a 3/3 sequence or a double axel triple toe combination -- and maybe, if the skater did something that no one else is doing (2 axel/3 toe), that would jump the PCS, as well as a 3/3

Also, again, Michelle seems to have done her FS, SP and a bunch of loose triples in a comparatively short period of time. At Olys, she gets a between the SP and FS.

Custom Title
    Well, 8 min warmup, then followed with LP, after 4 min, followed with SP - sounds not far from what she's being doing in practice sessions when the competetion around the corner. Normally she would do SP imediately after the LP.

I think she proved herself beyond the doubt at this point.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    LET THE NITPICKING BEGIN

I'll start. Without the loop jump, she will need, imo, her magical charisma upgraded to level 5.
    She has other plan.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Koroleva
    Emily should be going.

No, Emily should NOT be going.
    The best team should be going, and Michelle on her worst day, trumps what Emily Hughes can do.
    Now that may make some people unhappy, but I'm certain with a little time you'll learn to live with it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by insecureedge
    With good footwork but somewhat mixed jump results...

LP: skipped 2axel, 3-4 triples (including 3lutz-2toe-2toe), ending 2lutz
    SP: 2axel (fall), 3lutz-2toe, 3flip (shaky)
    No 3loops
    Wow, that was soooooooooooooooo much better than Emily. Emily had a clean SP (with a save) and did 4 triples in her LP and at least attempted the 3 loop.

Custom Title

NYMKFan51

I am right there with you. I couldn't have said it better. Michelle Kwan deserves this Olympic berth from ANY standpoint. Emily is not even close to Michelle Kwan in ability or history in the sport. I am thrilled that she has another chance to show the world who she is.
    Soogar, Emily looks like a junior skater with a gravity problem. She couldn't outskate Michelle with or without the loop.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Thanks kyla. As far as I'm concerned, any Olympic team that didn't include Sasha or Michelle would be less than our best ... and that is the objective here ... to send the very best team.

Custom Title

Nymkfan51

Right you are. They are the best and I am very proud of both of them. I know they will do us proud as a country. I am very proud of Michelle for standing up to the pressure of this examination today. I know this must have been one of the toughest things she has ever had to do. I am also glad to hear Raphael was there. She needs support from everyone.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Wow, that was soooooooooooooooo much better than Emily. Emily had a clean SP (with a save) and did 4 triples in her LP and at least attempted the 3 loop.
    Yemh, sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than Emily. There is no comparision between the two. That's according to the ppl who saw the both.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    Right you are. They are the best and I am very proud of both of them. I know they will do us proud as a country. I am very proud of Michelle for standing up to the pressure of this examination today. I know this must have been one of the toughest things she has ever had to do. I am also glad to hear Raphael was there. She needs support from everyone.

Custom Title
    Yeah!!!! for Michelle!!!!!

I am actually surprised she completed so many triples in that short amount of times. This is a huge improvement since Marshalls considering the amount of time she was off the Ice between Marshalls. as for Michelle finishing fourth behind Shizuka I really want her to medal but she has been through so much this year that that would not be a complete disaster.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast