Kwan Test Results | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Kwan Test Results

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
You know what I wish Emily had done? I wish she would have fought for that spot by going to Four Continents. If she could have decisive beaten Katy Taylor, Bebe Liang and Yukari Nakano -- all of them skaters on the verge of Olympic quality -- while posting big CoP numbers, this at least would have put some pressure on the USFS commitee in their deliberations.

It probably wouldn't have made any difference, but at least she would have put up a fight.

MM

I don't think it would have made any difference. The Ladies event was decided after the test skate and announcement. Also, the only thing to deliberate during the test skate if I understand correctly, was Michelle's recovery, and expected ability to skate at the Oly's. I don't think it was a "how did MK skate in the test compared to how Emily skated at Nationals" event.

I think the importance of Emily's position as the alternate for the Oly team is getting lost. The alternate is a very important position in case ANY of the Ladies team get injured or sick and can't compete. So I view it as a responsible decision for team Emily to take this role seriously, and focus on training in case something happens, if team Emily think that's the best way for her to maximize readiness just in case.

I have this same opinion for the alternates in all the diciplines and other sports as well. I don't think it's a role to take lightly. (at least I hope no one is taking it lightly)

DG

millie

Medalist
show 42 said:
Millie, I was being silly (no pun intended). I was speaking somewhat metaphorically, the "team" being the Olympic team whose medal tally count encompasses all sports with Michelle up to bat, or to skate, for a medal......like I said, I was being silly...........:p 42

hey show 42, in all this silly retoritic with posters going back and forth, saying my favourite is going to win or your favourite is going to lose, your favourite is poo poo pants or your favourite is a pee pee pants (in a sence that's what it all boils down to). The main thing is they they all go out and skate their best and come what may, come away from the Games with a great experience, to know that they did their best at that particular moment. In my mind, they will all be winners, not winners of the Gold, but winners that they can play the game, win or lose.

_Good Sportsmanship
Good sportsmanship we hail, we sing
It's always pleasant when you spot it.
There's only on unhappy thing.
You have to lose to prove you got it.