Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for a photo of the Ina Bauer move

Luv Deep Edges!

Ina Bauers

Maruru - many thanks for those 2 exquisite pictures! Sasha's is really something; the turn out of both legs is very special - VERY ballet, and I think that is one of the reasons real skating fans appreciate this particular move. I love turned out from the hip leg line..... call me "Balanchinistic".

Man, I would love to surprise the heck out of my friends by pulling a move like that out of the blue!

Tenorguy

Quote Originally Posted by anything_for_skating
    Yeah, Ina Buer move is really amazing....

Can any of you do it? I can and I L-O-V-E to do it, espesially in my short program...
    I would LOVE to see a picture of you doing that. To me, it's just one of the most amazing moves in FS (me not being a figure skater!!) If there was one move I would like to do, it would be that one. The Big Barrier is that I would first have to be able to stand up on skates, which I can't do. So I find THAT impressive!!

New thought... During the post Oly/World's summer, we should see if CDMM would be willing to put together something cool to music, compiling pics / video clips of all of you who are REALLY in the game - putting your money where your blades are. !!!

DG

Luv Deep Edges!
    Doggygirl -

I'm so thankful you confessed .... I can't stand up on skates for the life of me!! I'd sooner be able to give birth to triplets than be able to go once around the rink without a hand on the ice.

Problem is, my feet cramp after about 10 minutes in skates. I suppose my high arches are not supported by rental skates; a situation I hope to correct when I can afford custom boots.

Has anyone seen the variation Jeff Buttle performs where his feet are in 4th position - the feet are parallel about 1 foot apart? Its rather like an Ina but without the front leg bent, both legs are straight.... its not easy to describe but very beautiful and clean looking. I think its Buttle but I may be wrong.

Has anyone seen the move I'm describing, and what man does it?

Thanks for the help. Tenorguy

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar

Question

It's really a gorgeous move Just out of curiousity, how much is it worth under COP (and what level?)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenorguy
    Maruru - many thanks for those 2 exquisite pictures! Sasha's is really something; the turn out of both legs is very special - VERY ballet, and I think that is one of the reasons real skating fans appreciate this particular move. I love turned out from the hip leg line..... call me "Balanchinistic".

Man, I would love to surprise the heck out of my friends by pulling a move like that out of the blue!

Tenorguy

With regards to Sasha's positions in her Ina Bauer as a ballet position, off season during the summer she takes private ballet lessions.

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka
    It's really a gorgeous move Just out of curiousity, how much is it worth under COP (and what level?)
    I don't think it's really worth anything under COP. It could be seen as a transitional element or as a difficult entrance into a jump, which Shizuka has done before.

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks!

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka
    I am not sure about Ina Bauer move, but I think that helps you get bigger level is your program.

SkateFan4Life

Beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing that with us, Mathman!

Quote Originally Posted by maruru
    Another Shizza's and Sasha's. Beautiful.
    In that picture, Sasha Cohen's leotard is giving her a big wedgie, which oddly enough, is usually Arakawa's problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2