Looking for a photo of the Ina Bauer move | Golden Skate

Looking for a photo of the Ina Bauer move

Johar

Medalist
I just now found out that's the name of that move that I like. It's amazing how the spinal cord can flex like that!

Do you know where I can see a photo of one?

Johar

Medalist
How on earth does Shizuka do that without falling over?! How does she get her spinal cord to bend like that?!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The link to Jeff Buttle's Ina Bauer doesn't work. :cry:

Do you have any of Paul Wylie & Yuka Sato? :love:

Tak

Spectator
Ina Bauer refers primarily to the reversed (front/back) left/right skate blade position, so the spectacular ones by Shizuka and Yukina are specifically called layback Ina Bauer, IIRC.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I could sit in a cold rink all day and watch Shiz do nothing but her Ina Bauer's over and over and over. ;) Now that's she's going back to her old World's program I hope she does one just as dramatically in the "re-work."

DG

That's one of the moves that I'd rather see done beautifully, like Shizuka does them, and held long enough to be seen and appreciated, rather than a quad jump. Thanks for the pics. I can only agree that Shizuka's is WOW:love: :thumbsup: !

Johar

Medalist
Can you bend as far as Shizuka when you do it? How do you keep from falling over?

Lanie

On the Ice
Good balance and lots of stretching and back flexibility!

Sasha Cohen's Ina Bauer, when held for more than a few seconds, is beautiful.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Ina Bauers

Maruru - many thanks for those 2 exquisite pictures! Sasha's is really something; the turn out of both legs is very special - VERY ballet, and I think that is one of the reasons real skating fans appreciate this particular move. I love turned out from the hip leg line..... call me "Balanchinistic". ;)

Man, I would love to surprise the heck out of my friends by pulling a move like that out of the blue!

Tenorguy

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
anything_for_skating said:
Yeah, Ina Buer move is really amazing....

Can any of you do it? I can and I L-O-V-E to do it, espesially in my short program... :biggrin:

I would LOVE to see a picture of you doing that. To me, it's just one of the most amazing moves in FS (me not being a figure skater!!) If there was one move I would like to do, it would be that one. The Big Barrier is that I would first have to be able to stand up on skates, which I can't do. So I find THAT impressive!!

New thought... During the post Oly/World's summer, we should see if CDMM would be willing to put together something cool to music, compiling pics / video clips of all of you who are REALLY in the game - putting your money where your blades are. ;) !!!

DG

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Doggygirl -

I'm so thankful you confessed .... I can't stand up on skates for the life of me!! I'd sooner be able to give birth to triplets than be able to go once around the rink without a hand on the ice.

Problem is, my feet cramp after about 10 minutes in skates. I suppose my high arches are not supported by rental skates; a situation I hope to correct when I can afford custom boots.

Has anyone seen the variation Jeff Buttle performs where his feet are in 4th position - the feet are parallel about 1 foot apart? Its rather like an Ina but without the front leg bent, both legs are straight.... its not easy to describe but very beautiful and clean looking. I think its Buttle but I may be wrong.

Has anyone seen the move I'm describing, and what man does it?

Thanks for the help. Tenorguy

nubka

Final Flight
It's really a gorgeous move Just out of curiousity, how much is it worth under COP (and what level?)

millie

Medalist
Tenorguy said:
Maruru - many thanks for those 2 exquisite pictures! Sasha's is really something; the turn out of both legs is very special - VERY ballet, and I think that is one of the reasons real skating fans appreciate this particular move. I love turned out from the hip leg line..... call me "Balanchinistic". ;)

Man, I would love to surprise the heck out of my friends by pulling a move like that out of the blue!

Tenorguy

With regards to Sasha's positions in her Ina Bauer as a ballet position, off season during the summer she takes private ballet lessions.