Where is Yukina Ota? | Golden Skate

Where is Yukina Ota?

Saundy

On the Ice
I was wondering where Yukina Ota has been. Is she injured?
I haven't seen her compete since the 2004 Four Continents when she won the event. I liked her skating so she always stuck out in my mind. I don't know if she's skated since then, I don't believe so.

Anyone know?

Tak

Spectator
Last competitive skate by Yukina Ota was at 2004 Skate America. Jumps were not there, but her musicality, IMO, is without peer.

According to JPN media reports, Yukina has been rehabilitating at Colorado Springs. She may have returned to Japan recently.

As far as I know, there has not been any official announcement about Yukina Ota retiring. However, missing almost 2 seasons would drop her World Ranking so low that even if she recovered fully, her appearance on GP circuit would be uncertain.

Edited to Add
When Yukina withdrew from 2005 NHK, the statement contained a phrase which said she will not skate during 05-06 season. It seems that this statement was taken out of context.

Wishing Yukina, speedy recovery...

Last edited:

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
She retired? Heh...and she skated so good... I saw her here, on junior grand prix, and I even took a picture with her...she really was good...

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Tak said:
According to JPN media reports, Yukina has been rehabilitating at Colorado Springs. She may have returned to Japan recently.

As far as I know, there has not been any official announcement about Yukina Ota retiring.
You're correct -- as far as I know, Ota has NOT retired and is still hoping to make a comeback in singles if she can recover fully from her (foot?) injury.

Sylvia said:
You're correct -- as far as I know, Ota has NOT retired and is still hoping to make a comeback in singles if she can recover fully from her (foot?) injury.
Praise to be. She is the only skater I've seen who could be better than MK.

Joe

orchid

On the Ice
She is a casulity of the CoP. All the required artistry? and the jumps, which of course are not necessary by the CoP.

Saundy

On the Ice
Well I wish her a speedy recovery because she is certainly one of my favourites!