Project Runway | Golden Skate

Project Runway

Aloft04

On the Ice
It was a toss-up for me between Tara and Zulema, mostly because they're inconsistent in the quality and execution of their designs. Good one week/bad the next. Santino had better get a grip of his shears....the past two weeks (three weeks?) his designs have been butt-ugly, but at least his arrogance is diminishing. He's a colorful character.

My favorite this week was the 'gutter water' dress that Andre created. I really liked that.

Justafan

On the Ice
I agree..I loved Andre's dress...I was surprised they chose Daniel's...although his was unique, it had an unfinished quality around the waist to me. Santino's latest creations are beginning to make me think he may be a one hit wonder.

ranjake

Final Flight
Justafan said:
I agree..I loved Andre's dress...I was surprised they chose Daniel's...although his was unique, it had an unfinished quality around the waist to me. Santino's latest creations are beginning to make me think he may be a one hit wonder.
i LOVED andre's dress, also.....he's really surprising me. i thought his " clothes off your back" outfit was so bad; i didn't have much hope for him...but i've really loved his recent stuff. i felt like santino had so much promise in the first few challenges...he seems really off his game...

Aloft04

On the Ice
ranjake said:
i felt like santino had so much promise in the first few challenges...he seems really off his game...

His skating dress for Sasha looked like avian flu at a turkey farm. :p I can only hope Johnny Weir wasn't watching and getting costume ideas.

Santino seems to be self-destructing after being so overbearingly arrogant in the first challenges. I really enjoy this show - there is so much creativity with a liberal dose of snarkiness for spice.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I believe that they have kept Santino on the show for ratings. He really does bring a lot of character to the show with his drama and comedy. He is one of the main reasons I watch the show. Although, I see Daniel or Andre winning. I really have liked most of their designs.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Ugh, good riddance to Zulema. I didn't like her or most of her designs. I hope Chloe hangs around. Kara...I'm surprised it wasn't her, but I guess her conventional designs were still better than Zulema's utter lack of time-management skills or sewing ability. I do feel a bit sorry for her new model, though, who might very well be out next time.

I predict that Kara is gone next week, and that Santino makes the final three, for drama if nothing else. (I really dislike his designs, though I recognize the creativity and work involved in them. They're not bad, they're just not my thing--way too busy/fussy.)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Yeah, unless Kara wins next challenge (has been known to happen, just remember Wendy last season!) she'll be out. After that, I think Chloe will stay on for the final three, as well as either Santino or Nick (but not both), and either Andrae or Daniel (but not both).

But I totally agreed with the judges' decision this time. Kara's dress was not original, but it was quite wearable. Zulema's, OTOH, was a nightmare; noone in their right mind out buy it! Also, most of Kara's designs have been aesthetically pleasing, if not original. Zulema's, OTOH, was lucky to have stayed "in" during episodes 1, 2 (that was awful!), and 4.

I loved Santino in the first few episodes, but he's beginning to get on my nerves.

This week for me it was a total toss up between Daniel and Andrae. I think judges chose Daniel because it was a bit more conceptual.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Last year, I couldn't figure out why Wendy kept surviving, and then I watched the credits and found out the producers have a say in who stays and who goes, which is why Austin, who has waaaay more talent than Wendy will ever dream of having, didn't make the final three. I have a feeling it will be Santino who takes the spot in the final three of a more deserving designer. I love this show, but if someone comes up with a truly craptacular outfit, personality or not, I wish the producers would let the judges boot him/her off.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I don't know, I think they were planning to eliminate Wendy when they ended up eliminating Austin. It was just that on that task she was indeed a clear winner. In fact, I feel that if producers had more say in who goes and who stays, Austin would have been in the final three as he was much more watchable/ likeable.

Aloft04

On the Ice
[spoiler alert]

Daniel was the clear winner in my opinion tonight. Really lovely. I'm glad the judges agreed.

I wish Chloe and Kara could have collaborated....I think Kara's killer top could have been paired agreeably with a straighter shorter version of Chloe's leaf skirt.

I was lukewarm on Santino and Nick tonight, but I'm really glad both made it through.

Santino's impersonation of Tim is so good!!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I am glad that Daniel will be in the final four... he is certainly talented. But I was really sad to see andre go, I think he was robbed last week with the dress that was supposed to represent the dirty gutter water. That was a gorgeous dress, and Daniels interpretation was too conceptual for me that day.

Kara's bodice was lovely. I was shocked that Chloe finished! I think this is the first episode where I felt like everyone did a very good job. Go project runway.

ranjake

Final Flight
Aloft04 said:
[spoiler alert]

Daniel was the clear winner in my opinion tonight. Really lovely. I'm glad the judges agreed.

I wish Chloe and Kara could have collaborated....I think Kara's killer top could have been paired agreeably with a straighter shorter version of Chloe's leaf skirt.

I was lukewarm on Santino and Nick tonight, but I'm really glad both made it through.

Santino's impersonation of Tim is so good!!
"where's anDRE????"

his impersonation is great!!!!! i don't know.....i just LOVE this show...every time an episode ends, i want a new one!!!!i would have picked chloe over daniel, and liked kara'a also......just can't wait to see what will happen next...next week's teaser looks very interesting!!!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know where Andrea's mind was with his design. I think he was being a little too confident. He got on my nerves anyhow with his expressions. I really like Daniel's work and I even liked Santino's dress. What was with Heidi's outfit. It looked like a large diaper with a knot in the back. :laugh: :laugh: It looked like somethiing Ghandi would have worn.

"Carry on" :laugh: :laugh:

Dee :)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
I think he was being a little too confident. He got on my nerves anyhow with his expressions.
When I heard the interview part where Andrae said "I won't be going home today", I knew he would be the one eliminated. I think that's how they chose the interview piece to air.

What was with Heidi's outfit. It looked like a large diaper with a knot in the back. :laugh: :laugh: It looked like somethiing Ghandi would have worn.
I know!

amazonprincess

Rinkside
Well, Final Three is Santino, Daniel and Chloe, but Kara got to show in Fashion week too. From what I've seen of the collections, Santino toned it down a bit, and Daniel and Chloe's collections seem well put together. I hope to see Chloe win.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really love this show. Sometimes when there's nothing else on I turn to Bravo and watch the shows all over again. :laugh: :laugh:

I really think the reason they keep Santino is because he is very, very creative.

I am rooting for Daniel. I've liked most of his designs.

Dee

ranjake

Final Flight
amazonprincess said:
Well, Final Three is Santino, Daniel and Chloe, but Kara got to show in Fashion week too. From what I've seen of the collections, Santino toned it down a bit, and Daniel and Chloe's collections seem well put together. I hope to see Chloe win.
they showed some items from each collection in the paper here....santino's looked REALLY, really pretty...and conventional...i was shocked!

amazonprincess

Rinkside
ranjake said:
they showed some items from each collection in the paper here....santino's looked REALLY, really pretty...and conventional...i was shocked!

I've seen all of Santino's collection, and a few pieces were genuinely pretty. Then there were the ones like his Nicky Hilton dress, cut weird under the bust and just way to much fabric hanging around the body. Which is really unflattering no matter what size you are. I think he really needs to study a woman's shape and really learn to understand it and how to tailor to it, because until then, he won't stay long in the fashion world.

ranjake

Final Flight
amazonprincess said:
I've seen all of Santino's collection, and a few pieces were genuinely pretty. Then there were the ones like his Nicky Hilton dress, cut weird under the bust and just way to much fabric hanging around the body. Which is really unflattering no matter what size you are. I think he really needs to study a woman's shape and really learn to understand it and how to tailor to it, because until then, he won't stay long in the fashion world.
i don't think i saw all of his pieces...they only showed, like, 3...so i'm sure you are correct. i agree...he doesn't seem to look at the woman's body. the "graffiti" dress...looked pretty first coming down the runway...but then on a closer look, ugh, the waist! like a maternity dress. but what they DID show of his in the paper i was surprised were his...i can't wait to see all of the collections...it's my favorite show!