Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: Project Runway

  1. #16
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    42
    Well, Final Three is Santino, Daniel and Chloe, but Kara got to show in Fashion week too. From what I've seen of the collections, Santino toned it down a bit, and Daniel and Chloe's collections seem well put together. I hope to see Chloe win.

  2. #17
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,664
    I really love this show. Sometimes when there's nothing else on I turn to Bravo and watch the shows all over again.

    I really think the reason they keep Santino is because he is very, very creative.

    I am rooting for Daniel. I've liked most of his designs.

    Dee

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by amazonprincess
    Well, Final Three is Santino, Daniel and Chloe, but Kara got to show in Fashion week too. From what I've seen of the collections, Santino toned it down a bit, and Daniel and Chloe's collections seem well put together. I hope to see Chloe win.
    they showed some items from each collection in the paper here....santino's looked REALLY, really pretty...and conventional...i was shocked!

  4. #19
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjake
    they showed some items from each collection in the paper here....santino's looked REALLY, really pretty...and conventional...i was shocked!
    I've seen all of Santino's collection, and a few pieces were genuinely pretty. Then there were the ones like his Nicky Hilton dress, cut weird under the bust and just way to much fabric hanging around the body. Which is really unflattering no matter what size you are. I think he really needs to study a woman's shape and really learn to understand it and how to tailor to it, because until then, he won't stay long in the fashion world.

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by amazonprincess
    I've seen all of Santino's collection, and a few pieces were genuinely pretty. Then there were the ones like his Nicky Hilton dress, cut weird under the bust and just way to much fabric hanging around the body. Which is really unflattering no matter what size you are. I think he really needs to study a woman's shape and really learn to understand it and how to tailor to it, because until then, he won't stay long in the fashion world.
    i don't think i saw all of his pieces...they only showed, like, 3...so i'm sure you are correct. i agree...he doesn't seem to look at the woman's body. the "graffiti" dress...looked pretty first coming down the runway...but then on a closer look, ugh, the waist! like a maternity dress. but what they DID show of his in the paper i was surprised were his...i can't wait to see all of the collections...it's my favorite show!

  6. #21
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjake
    i don't think i saw all of his pieces...they only showed, like, 3...so i'm sure you are correct. i agree...he doesn't seem to look at the woman's body. the "graffiti" dress...looked pretty first coming down the runway...but then on a closer look, ugh, the waist! like a maternity dress. but what they DID show of his in the paper i was surprised were his...i can't wait to see all of the collections...it's my favorite show!
    If you don't mind the spoilers I could pm you links to pictures of all the collections. Allthough it isn't really a spoiler, since they don't say who won, but I know some people like to wait for the show.

    I am not so patient :-)

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by amazonprincess
    If you don't mind the spoilers I could pm you links to pictures of all the collections. Allthough it isn't really a spoiler, since they don't say who won, but I know some people like to wait for the show.

    I am not so patient :-)
    i would really love those links! i really like to be spoiled! i was looking around a bit, but couldn't find any...it would be great if you could...thanks!

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    299
    Links here:
    http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion...nway/karajanx/#
    http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion...nway/chloedao/#
    http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion...danielvosovic/#
    http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion...ay/santinorice/

    Can you spot the "last minute" outfits they were forced to do? I can for Chloe and Santino. Have to look at Dan's again to see if I can spot it.

  9. #24
    Forum translator Ptichka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,430
    I missed the part where they brought in the "helpers". Did the designers get to choose, or did the producers? Because it doesn't quite seem fair - Santino and Daniel get the strongest eliminated designers for helpers, while Chloe gets one of the weakest.

  10. #25
    average opinionated skate fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    927
    none of the above links work anymore :*(

    I searched the site and a search of "project runway" just brings me to a page with all the designers and no contestants.

    Anyone know where to see the collections?

  11. #26
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Sandee
    Links here:
    http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion...nway/karajanx/#
    http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion...nway/chloedao/#
    http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion...danielvosovic/#
    http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion...ay/santinorice/

    Can you spot the "last minute" outfits they were forced to do? I can for Chloe and Santino. Have to look at Dan's again to see if I can spot it.
    I keep getting an error on these sites.

    Are these some of the fasions. I missed last weeks show. Why is Kara showing her designs??

    Project Runway

    Dee

  12. #27
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,664
    I hope this works

    Project Runway

    This is the same site Skate Sandee posted. I just posted Daniel's but you can see the others by clicking on More Collections.

    Daniel - sophisticated and tailored
    Chole - Different
    Santino - Really different than I thought and am pleased
    Kara - ?????

    Dee

  13. #28
    average opinionated skate fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    927
    Thanks!

    Really Impressed by Daniel and Kara's collections. Santino, per ususal (IMHO) is derivitive of someone else. A lot of his collection looks like variations on a theme, ie it looks like the same outfit rendered over and over again with various elements. I'm sorry, but to me, Santino was kept because he makes better television that he does clothes. When the episode where they called the designers back and his fellow contestant wearing his outfit had a shoulder falling off the dress, geez! Even those men's outfit with no pockets were held together with stitches instead of pins.

  14. #29
    ~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    daydreaming about Edvin Marton
    Posts
    614
    Kara showed a collection because they hadn't yet shown the episode where she got cut so she did a "decoy" collection. Austin did the same thing last year. (he had a stunning collection, btw, as we all knew he would. )

    The designers picked their helpers and had to pick them in the order their names were drawn and Chloe drew last. I would've maybe have taken Daniel F just because the man is a kick *** tailor and she needed a lot of stuff hemmed, but then he has the "time" issue, so I think Diana was probably her best choice.

  15. #30
    Forum translator Ptichka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    The designers picked their helpers and had to pick them in the order their names were drawn and Chloe drew last. I would've maybe have taken Daniel F just because the man is a kick *** tailor and she needed a lot of stuff hemmed, but then he has the "time" issue, so I think Diana was probably her best choice.
    I would have probably gone with Emeth, especially considering that he and Chloe seemed to work well together on the Banana Republic challenge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •