Now that it's official, can Michelle win the OGM? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Now that it's official, can Michelle win the OGM?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
All these comments about the outcome of the Olympic Figure Skating Medalists in this forum. I wish I had a collection of them to see which posters will be eating their words (including mine)?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Joe
:laugh: But I won't make them eating their words. I just want to be the last one to :laugh:

Go Michelle!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Actually I would bet money on both:

1)Kwan having some of her spins and footwork graded level 2, or possable even level 1 in Turin. Some level 3s, but not all.

2)Kwan not winning gold in Turin.

I dont think she will medal so I would bet no money on that. I would happily bet money with the first taken on the other two though.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
I have no problem with that, but that means one should take things like what they claim will be levels on spins, etc...with a grain of salt. Like I said I would be willing to be money with somebody the article will be proven wrong as far as the levels come Turin.

I am not a betting person. Unless you have a crystal ball, we
will have to wait and see if your prediction comes true at Turin.

slutskayafan21 said:
Actually I would bet money on both:

1)Kwan having some of her spins and footwork graded level 2, or possable even level 1 in Turin. Some level 3s, but not all.

2)Kwan not winning gold in Turin.

I dont think she will medal so I would bet no money on that. I would happily bet money with the first taken on the other two though.
so what?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Since everyone is saying now Irina is the one to beat, I'll wait until SP see how MK's SP stack up against IS's SP in Turino, since both of them skate to the same music.....Even she dose not win at Turino, as long as she skates clean and beautyfully with heart, I believe the CoP rule will be changed somehow to redefine how PCSs should be applied.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

sk8rgrl3

Rinkside
mzheng said:
Since everyone is saying now Irina is the one to beat, I'll wait until SP see how MK's SP stack up against IS's SP in Turino, since both of them skate to the same music.....Even she dose not win at Turino, as long as she skates clean and beautyfully with heart, I believe the CoP rule will be changed somehow to redefine how PCSs should be applied.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

By basically skating the exact same program year after year with different music?

mzheng

Record Breaker
sk8rgrl3 said:
By basically skating the exact same program year after year with different music?
Did you see it the same program? If it's the same programs like last year, the monitoring group won't let her go.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
mzheng said:
Did you see it the same program? If it's the same programs like last year, the monitoring group won't let her go.

I disagree, of course they would let her go with programs like last year. She just has to be good enough to be better than Hughes, and programs that would place you top 5-6 in the Olympics would be easily better than little sis Hughes who would be hard pressed to be in the top 15 at the Olympics.

sk8rgrl3

Rinkside
They want her to go because there is a lot at stake i.e. endorsements, people watching, etc. I saw her short program this year at Marshalls and it was awful. And, to think that she picked the exact same music as Irina is a terrible decision. It made her program look even worse. I don't want to see another "Battle of the Carmens". How they did side by side comparisons in 88'. It was nauseating. But, Michelles programs, for the past 5-6 years, have all looked the same. Go back and watch without bias. I would love for her to come out and do something exciting and new. I have been waiting for at least 4 years.

nymkfan51

Medalist
sk8rgrl3 said:

Totentanz ... same as Spartacus?
Spartacus ... same as The Feeling Begins?

Open your eyes ...

Or maybe your eyes are open, but you just have something else in mind, other than what is right in front of you.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I am still waiting for somebody to take 1 of my best. However since none of you really believe Kwan will have all her non-jump elements evaluated at atleast level 3 in Turin, nor do any of you really believe she will win the gold, I am not surprised nobody took up my bet. I wont hold my breath either. :laugh:

nymkfan51

Medalist
sk8rgrl3 said:
They want her to go because there is a lot at stake i.e. endorsements, people watching, etc. I saw her short program this year at Marshalls and it was awful. And, to think that she picked the exact same music as Irina is a terrible decision. It made her program look even worse. I don't want to see another "Battle of the Carmens". How they did side by side comparisons in 88'. It was nauseating. But, Michelles programs, for the past 5-6 years, have all looked the same. Go back and watch without bias. I would love for her to come out and do something exciting and new. I have been waiting for at least 4 years.

Maybe awful to you, but I loved it. Just a matter of taste I guess, or a predetermined disposition.
And sorry honey, from all accounts, Michelle picked the music first.
But don't watch if it's going to be painful for you. Save yourself from the agony.

nymkfan51

Medalist
slutskayafan21 said:
I am still waiting for somebody to take 1 of my best. However since none of you really believe Kwan will have all her non-jump elements evaluated at atleast level 3 in Turin, nor do any of you really believe she will win the gold, I am not surprised nobody took up my bet. I wont hold my breath either. :laugh:

I won't bet money because I think online betting is illegal, isn't it? But I can tell you Michelles's FW and spirals will not be level 2's. Level 3 at the least, maybe 4's.
Count on it.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
nymkfan51 said:
I won't bet money because I think online betting is illegal, isn't it? But I can tell you Michelles's FW and spirals will not be level 2's. Level 3 at the least, maybe 4's.
Count on it.

I agree on the spirals, footwork and spins? I dont know on the footwork, I wouldnt be surprised either way. If all her spins are level 3 or higher I will be shocked, and I will come back here and admit to you you were right all along. :)

nymkfan51

Medalist
slutskayafan21 said:
I agree on the spirals, footwork and spins? I dont know on the footwork, I wouldnt be surprised either way. If all her spins are level 3 or higher I will be shocked, and I will come back here and admit to you you were right all along. :)

That's fair ... let's just wait and see.

slutskayafan21 said:
Well are you interested? :biggrin:
Of course not. I don't think Kwan will win the Olys and there are 28 other skaters I do not think will win the Olys. I think Slutskaya will win the Olys.:indiff:
But that's not going to change my favorite anymoe than Sarah did.

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Joesitz said:
Of course not. I don't think Kwan will win the Olys and there are 28 other skaters I do not think will win the Olys. I think Slutskaya will win the Olys.:indiff:
But that's not going to change my favorite anymoe than Sarah did.

Joe

Well I would like Rochette to win the Olympics if I could pick the winner, even over Slutskaya since although Irina is my favorite Canadian wins at the Olympics are rare enough to root for as a proud Canadian. In reality though I would be happy with her even making the top 6. The judges dont give her much recognition it seems. She needs to be squeeky clean and have others falter to even do decent.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
She could win the OGM, but the possibility is remote and this is coming from a Kwan fan. She has missed the entire season and has very little experience competing under the new CoP system. That would be a death blow to the hopes of most skaters, the only reason I think there is a chance is because we are taking about Michelle Kwan. I think we will see her on the podium, just not at the top step. It is extremely difficult to make a prediction one way or the other because we have not seen her programs.

Last edited: