Thread: Savoie will be second highest American in Turin!

Hybrid View

Banned

Savoie will be second highest American in Turin!

Savoie will finish ahead of one of Lysacek or Weir in Turin, but behind the other. I am not sure which will be which. None of them will medal, but Savoie will finish above one of them. His Four Continents performance is a good sign, his 75+ in the short is better than Lysacek could get even with a clean short, and only slightly below what Weir would probably get with a clean short in an international. Hopefully by Turin a clean long will be doable for him.

Custom Title
    I think Savoie will be the highest American.

I just hope he has the skates of his life.... and I really hope that I don't jinx him!

Yep - I'm hoping that Matt can pull off a 'Wylie'. He's been in it for years and not been able to pull it all together at the right moment - just like Paul. I think he's a beautiful skater and truly admire him for skating at such a high level while working on multiple college degrees. I think he's studying for his Masters in Urban Planning.

Banned
    I hope he reconsiders leaving skating after this year. He finally got some recognition from U.S judges, maybe things are on the up for him. I do hope either way he has a Wylie-like moment in Turin, that does not have to be a medal
    of course, just a personal best performance, one that is inspirational to him.

Luv Deep Edges!
    slutskayafan21 -

Won't it be incredibly cool when Matt pulls of this upset?!

I also hope he stays around after the Olys. We've enjoyed Matt's style for a long time - it would wonderful to see him top his Nats performances on the world stage.

Do you think he has the emotional/mental concentration to hold up under the Olympic pressure?

Tenorguy

Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    I think Savoie will be the highest American.
    Yeah? And just what is it that makes you think he's going to take that honor away from Tommy Chong?

Ba-Da-Boom!

SkateFan4Life
    Frankly, I'd like to see Matt be the highest American at Torino and shock everybody by winning a medal! I have so much respect for this guy, as he has quietly and consistently practiced his craft, skated many good performances, without the hoopla and fanfare that accompany many of the other skaters. Matt has also earned a master's degree, something which is a true testament to his ability to concentrate on his education and take it seriously, as well as his skating.

Let's hope Matt becomes the Paul Wylie of Tornio. Go, Matt!!