"How's the Weather?" *Game* | Page 2 | Golden Skate

"How's the Weather?" *Game*

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
And I hope you really had a great birthday. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock: :bow: :clap: :chorus: :love:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
There's a huge grass fire north west of here. It was going out but the winds have reignited it. Down here winds are always gusty. Hardly ever get just straight winds. It has burned 2 to 5,000 acres so far. We need rain so badly!:boohoo: :cry:

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
It's been a few days so I think it's time for a little weather update!

Toronto is the warmest it has been in about 10 days. Overcast and 7°C (46°F). It is supposed to sink back below normal on Saturday at a high of -7C and stay there or a little above well into the week.

How about everybody else? Got any rain yet Grgranny?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think they got the grass fires out but there's more quite a bit east of there. No, no rain. There is some in the forecast but not counting on it. It's been in the 50-60's lately but supposed to cool down tomorrow.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Grgranny said:
I think they got the grass fires out but there's more quite a bit east of there. No, no rain. There is some in the forecast but not counting on it. It's been in the 50-60's lately but supposed to cool down tomorrow.

Well I wish I could lend you some of our rain. It is supposed to be of the frozen variety tomorrow morning since the temperature is supposed to be zero. I guess it will make for an "entertaining" ride to work!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I see Nebraska (my original home) is getting it too. They are forecasting it but won't believe it until I see it.

millie

Medalist
In Newfoundland today the temp. was a minus 4 C., windchill minus 12. It was a beautiful sunny day. It was a day that when you walked ,you could hear the snow crunch. We are supposed to 1-5 cms of snow tonight.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It is currently 20 degrees F. here in western Montana. Light snow falling & about an inch on the ground at present.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Well we definitely got the predicted freezing rain today, and as a matter of fact there are some ice pellets pinging off my windows as I type this. Temperature is -3°C with it expected to rise to +7 overnight. Crazy!

I just heard on TV that parts of northern Saskatchewan were -40°C (-40°F) this morning. Wow! That is cold even by Canadian standards. Let's hope that stuff stays far away from Ontario.

Edited to add: A gigantic thunderclap just rocked the house! I guess some of that warm air is moving in to meet the cold. It's kind of crazy to get a thunderstorm when there is snow on the ground!

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
We've had an Arctic cold front move down & it was 0 degrees F. at 9:30 am. Not much snow tho. Only about 1 inch. It's supposed to get colder tonight & tomorrow night. It's been several years since we've had minus zero degree temperatures here so I plan on staying indoors for the next few days.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Well, guess what! We still have not had any rain or snow. I guess we need to start preparing for the dust storms. I remember when we moved to Kansas. We were in a small apartment (fourplex) and dirt was coming in terrible. All day I kept going through the house (yes, the windows and doors were closed) and dusting everything. Of course, later, I learned to just wait until it was over. A few years ago, they paved our street and it wasn't so bad. Especially since they have built lots of houses to the south of us. We don't get that many really bad dust storms anymore with all the vegetation around. I remember when I was small in Nebraska, the dirt would be so thick in the air it was like dense fog. The same with the grasshoppers. There would be huge bunches of them. Daddy always mixed some banana oil and sawdust with something else and put it all over the crops. It smelled terrible. That was in the thirties.

It is supposed to be 78 today!.They are saying we might get rain Friday night or Saturday. I guess I ought to go wash my car!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny, it's supposed to get up to 60 degrees tomorrow in Omaha Nebraska:clap: :clap:

Dee

amazonprincess

Rinkside
This morning Northern California was subject to sudden showers. I mean sudden. It was bright and sunny one minute while I was at work, and then when I finished with my customer and looked out the window it had become grey, windy and pouring heavy rain. I just hope it doesn't flood like it did on New Years.

millie

Medalist
SNOW, SNOW, SNOW and more SNOW. We couldn't get out of our doors this morning. Thank heavens for snow throwers. March came in like a lion, hope it goes out like a lamb. Someone in our family is loving it; we have a dog that's part Newfoundland and part collie and with all that fur, he loves to roll around in the snow. He's black with white going down his heck and when he comes in, he's completely white-what a mess to clean up.:laugh:

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
We turned on the air conditioner yesterday as it got over 80 degrees, and very humid. If it's this hot now, we're going to melt this summer...

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think my daughter said it was in the 90's in Ft. Worth. It was close to 80 the last couple of days but today supposed to be 62. They are predicting rain Fri. night and Sat. I hope, hope, hope. We need some kind of wishful emoticon.
:bow: