Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "How's the Weather?" *Game*

Custom Title
    My weather haiku for Wednesday

Rain drips off my eaves
    Welcomed only by green frogs
    As I dream of blue

(Maybe not one of my finest, but the weather's not so good today either.....)

It changed!! Hence a new haiku:

Sun appears victor
    Blue sky envelopes my soul
    Life is indeed good!
    Last edited by Aloft04; 02-01-2006 at 11:24 AM.

Custom Title
    Well, winter has returned (or should I say arrived?) for a few day by the looks of it. We have a trace of snow and the temperature is -4°C or 25°F. The wind is rather gusty making it feel like -12°C. We haven't had anything this 'cold' in almost 2 months so it feels even worse!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Weather report for the West Coast:

It rained Mon, It rained Tues, It rained Wed, It rained Thurs, It rained Fri, It rained Sat. and guess what - It's raining today - Sunday!!!!!

Our weather man has an easy job these days and umbrella sales are sky-rocketing.

yesterday we did have a break in the weather - Winds blowing up to 90 Km. an hour followed by torrential rain. It was great!!!!!!!! - not. The BC Ferries were forced to shut down and the Lions Gate bridge was closed for the day. Good thing we were staying home.

The sun must be shining somewhere???

It was 49 today. Low 26. It's been warmer the last few months. About .15 rain since January. It is so dry. There are no burning rules here, Okla, & TX. Looks like it will be mostly in the 40's for a week and about every other day cloudy. It is way too dry. Too bad we can't get some of the rain you others are getting. I think the winter wheat is not doing well at all. This is big wheat country. The county south of us is one of the largest wheat counties in the country I think.
    I am ready for spring. We do usually get rain in the spring, along with the tornadoes and lots of wind, lightning & thunder.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Well, it's my birthday, today, so it had to be sunny, lol. It was beautiful, but boy was it windy and COLD.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    57F (according to aol, and quite frankly I ain't buying it) and foggy.

And I hope you really had a great birthday. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chorus:

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Thank you Grgranny!

It's sunny and windy, again, and also, 34 degrees f.

There's a huge grass fire north west of here. It was going out but the winds have reignited it. Down here winds are always gusty. Hardly ever get just straight winds. It has burned 2 to 5,000 acres so far. We need rain so badly!:boohoo:

Custom Title
    It's been a few days so I think it's time for a little weather update!

Toronto is the warmest it has been in about 10 days. Overcast and 7°C (46°F). It is supposed to sink back below normal on Saturday at a high of -7C and stay there or a little above well into the week.

How about everybody else? Got any rain yet Grgranny?

I think they got the grass fires out but there's more quite a bit east of there. No, no rain. There is some in the forecast but not counting on it. It's been in the 50-60's lately but supposed to cool down tomorrow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny
    I think they got the grass fires out but there's more quite a bit east of there. No, no rain. There is some in the forecast but not counting on it. It's been in the 50-60's lately but supposed to cool down tomorrow.
    Well I wish I could lend you some of our rain. It is supposed to be of the frozen variety tomorrow morning since the temperature is supposed to be zero. I guess it will make for an "entertaining" ride to work!

I see Nebraska (my original home) is getting it too. They are forecasting it but won't believe it until I see it.

Custom Title
    In Newfoundland today the temp. was a minus 4 C., windchill minus 12. It was a beautiful sunny day. It was a day that when you walked ,you could hear the snow crunch. We are supposed to 1-5 cms of snow tonight.

Tripping on the Podium
    over cast and 16C think thats around 63 F),, rain expected tonight.. we shall see
    Fauve

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast