Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "How's the Weather?" *Game*

It is currently 20 degrees F. here in western Montana. Light snow falling & about an inch on the ground at present.

Custom Title
    Well we definitely got the predicted freezing rain today, and as a matter of fact there are some ice pellets pinging off my windows as I type this. Temperature is -3°C with it expected to rise to +7 overnight. Crazy!

I just heard on TV that parts of northern Saskatchewan were -40°C (-40°F) this morning. Wow! That is cold even by Canadian standards. Let's hope that stuff stays far away from Ontario.

Edited to add: A gigantic thunderclap just rocked the house! I guess some of that warm air is moving in to meet the cold. It's kind of crazy to get a thunderstorm when there is snow on the ground!
    Last edited by Shmuzzy; 02-16-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    It went from 60 F (28 C) degrees today, to 41 F (9 C) degrees, right now.

We've had an Arctic cold front move down & it was 0 degrees F. at 9:30 am. Not much snow tho. Only about 1 inch. It's supposed to get colder tonight & tomorrow night. It's been several years since we've had minus zero degree temperatures here so I plan on staying indoors for the next few days.

Well, guess what! We still have not had any rain or snow. I guess we need to start preparing for the dust storms. I remember when we moved to Kansas. We were in a small apartment (fourplex) and dirt was coming in terrible. All day I kept going through the house (yes, the windows and doors were closed) and dusting everything. Of course, later, I learned to just wait until it was over. A few years ago, they paved our street and it wasn't so bad. Especially since they have built lots of houses to the south of us. We don't get that many really bad dust storms anymore with all the vegetation around. I remember when I was small in Nebraska, the dirt would be so thick in the air it was like dense fog. The same with the grasshoppers. There would be huge bunches of them. Daddy always mixed some banana oil and sawdust with something else and put it all over the crops. It smelled terrible. That was in the thirties.

It is supposed to be 78 today!.They are saying we might get rain Friday night or Saturday. I guess I ought to go wash my car!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Grgranny, it's supposed to get up to 60 degrees tomorrow in Omaha Nebraska

Dee

On the Ice
    This morning Northern California was subject to sudden showers. I mean sudden. It was bright and sunny one minute while I was at work, and then when I finished with my customer and looked out the window it had become grey, windy and pouring heavy rain. I just hope it doesn't flood like it did on New Years.

Custom Title
    SNOW, SNOW, SNOW and more SNOW. We couldn't get out of our doors this morning. Thank heavens for snow throwers. March came in like a lion, hope it goes out like a lamb. Someone in our family is loving it; we have a dog that's part Newfoundland and part collie and with all that fur, he loves to roll around in the snow. He's black with white going down his heck and when he comes in, he's completely white-what a mess to clean up.

What would Brian Boitano do?
    We turned on the air conditioner yesterday as it got over 80 degrees, and very humid. If it's this hot now, we're going to melt this summer...

I think my daughter said it was in the 90's in Ft. Worth. It was close to 80 the last couple of days but today supposed to be 62. They are predicting rain Fri. night and Sat. I hope, hope, hope. We need some kind of wishful emoticon.

Well, we did get some rain. The bottom of my rain gauge is wet. Around here they say we got anywhere from .01 hundredths to .08.
    First rain this year.

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Toni gets this week's weather prize. There isn't enough snow in Alaska for the Iditorod to go the usual route. Will make for an interesting race. Does that mean the sleds will have wheels instead?

Thumbs up Hallelujah

Rain :chorus:
    Checked early this aft and have had 1.02 inches. Don't know how much since but by morning will be snow. Probably won't stick to the pavement much as I don't think it will get that cold. It's the kind that is really soaking in. I just hope it wasn't too late for the crops.

On the Ice
    52 in Los Angeles right now. There's light rain and more rain coming during the night. Ugh! I want summer to come!

We got over an inch of snow Weds. It all melted the next day. It started to warm up today. It was a nice slow rain last week. Over an inch. :chorus:
    So nice to see all the wheat fields turning green. Trees and flowers are blooming. I love this season.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast