"How's the Weather?" *Game* | Golden Skate

"How's the Weather?" *Game*

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
"How's the Weather, today?"

Whenever you feel like it, you can come in here and rejoice or complain over the weather where you are. Or you can simply just report how it is. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's 47 degree F Cloudy It finished raining this morning. It lasted like around 18 hours or so. We needed it. The lake was almost dried up!

Last edited:

Buzzz

Final Flight
It is miserable outside!!!! It has been raining all day! Now I have to go out into this to get to work! :( YUK!!!!:cool:

Buzzz

Final Flight
The rain is gone and it is once again mild outside, but the weather here has me so confused! I never know how to dress any more because it is more often than not, like spring outdoors these days. Do I play it safe and wear more, or go with the weather man and wear less. :(

Aloft04

On the Ice
My weather haiku for today :indiff: :

Hail and rain and sun
A veritable buffet
I feast by my fire

JOHIO2

Medalist
Anya, you got real snow? In Cleveland, we are just finishing the rain. Boy, has the past two months weather been weird! We got January in December and heaven only know what we should call the mild weather we've had in January. On the one hand, it means "lower" gas bills (ha, ha, ha......with the rise in gas prices, my bill is $50 more than last year and for "mild" weather!), on the other hand, I get a feeling of dread wondering what Mother Nature has in store for us for Feb., March, April, etc.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Funny, I had been thinking about starting a thread like this. There is a word in some of these posts I am wondering about. The word is rain. It seems as if I used to know what it meant! :rofl: Last summer or spring we got lots of rain and hasn't done more than a few skiffs. There's all kinds of warnings out to not start fires, etc. We haven't had but a few sprinkles in months after last spring having lots of it.

Lanie

On the Ice
It's been in the high 60s here... but that's Southern California for you! I would like to see cold and snow just to see what it's like. I'm so deprived. (And no we don't all go to the beach - I hate the beach, so dirty...and the water's cold! You want beaches, go to Florida! :rofl: )

K-Mo

On the Ice
I'm in Arizona where the winter is mild, even for here. You need a jacket for the morning, but it's warm by afternoon. I know I'll be dying by summertime, but it's SO nice right now!

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Rain, rain, rain in Toronto. If it was snow I am sure it would be up to the eaves by now. I agree with a previous poster in dreading what we are going to get when it actually becomes spring because what we have had so far certainly isn't anything approaching winter.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
'It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring....." Same song day in and day out, except today, the sun appeared for a short while. We have had 28 days of rain out of 31 days of January. :scowl:

Aloft04

On the Ice
My weather haiku for today :p

They call it 'high overcast'
Somber, gray softness
Touching hawks'* wings over beach

(*veiled reference to Seattle Seahawks - the local excitement is building)

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Aloft-I like your haikus lol

JOHIO-Yeah, we did. But it's all gone, now. *YAY* :)

It was a sunny day,(I LOVE Sunshine!) and I didn't have to wear a jacket, just a warm sweater. :clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
+6 F and cloudy...

oh and there's been a few burp ups by Augustine, but nothing up here this way... just keep praying the wind keeps blowing the right way (the BIG erruption hasn't happened yet and when it does that's most likely when it will drop ash up here)

Aloft04

On the Ice
My weather haiku for Wednesday :p

Rain drips off my eaves
Welcomed only by green frogs
As I dream of blue

(Maybe not one of my finest, but the weather's not so good today either.....)

It changed!! Hence a new haiku:

Sun appears victor
Blue sky envelopes my soul
Life is indeed good!

Last edited:

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Well, winter has returned (or should I say arrived?) for a few day by the looks of it. We have a trace of snow and the temperature is -4°C or 25°F. The wind is rather gusty making it feel like -12°C. We haven't had anything this 'cold':laugh: in almost 2 months so it feels even worse!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Weather report for the West Coast:

It rained Mon, It rained Tues, It rained Wed, It rained Thurs, It rained Fri, It rained Sat. and guess what - It's raining today - Sunday!!!!!

Our weather man has an easy job these days and umbrella sales are sky-rocketing.

yesterday we did have a break in the weather - Winds blowing up to 90 Km. an hour followed by torrential rain. It was great!!!!!!!! - not. The BC Ferries were forced to shut down and the Lions Gate bridge was closed for the day. Good thing we were staying home.

:laugh:

The sun must be shining somewhere???

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
It was 49 today. Low 26. It's been warmer the last few months. About .15 rain since January. It is so dry. There are no burning rules here, Okla, & TX. Looks like it will be mostly in the 40's for a week and about every other day cloudy. It is way too dry. Too bad we can't get some of the rain you others are getting. I think the winter wheat is not doing well at all. This is big wheat country. The county south of us is one of the largest wheat counties in the country I think.
I am ready for spring. We do usually get rain in the spring, along with the tornadoes and lots of wind, lightning & thunder.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Well, it's my birthday, today, so it had to be sunny, lol. It was beautiful, but boy was it windy and COLD.