miki planning a quad? | Golden Skate

miki planning a quad?

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
does anyone know if there have been any announcements about whether or not miki ando will attempt a quad at the olympics?? thanks for any info :D

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I havent heard anything about her including a quad or not...i would be surprised if she was landing them consistently as the games approached and then chose not to include it in her program. But it seems with jumps like the quad, a triple axel or even some trickier 3/3's the skaters seem to have consistency sometimes, but then go through a spell where the loose the jump. For instance kimmie miessner does not always feel secure about her triple axel and during the 05 nationals said that she really only gained security with it a few weeks before the event.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I think Miki has enough on her plate right now, skating under pressure (thought we skating fans are counting her out, I have no doubt that the Japanese media and fed are giving her some pressure), trying to do a clean COP-friendly program, and performing a totally new LP is enough on her plate than trying to do a quad.

However, stranger things have happened.

perry125

Rinkside
They did a fluff piece on Miki on TV a couple weeks ago.
Apparently Miki is planning to do a quad which is one of the reasons she changed her LP.
They also mentioned that she injured her leg and cut her landing foot pretty badly between Cup of Russia and NHK Trophy which is why she had such a poor showing at NHK, GPF and Japanese Nationals. She said she used pain killers that were so strong she couldn't feel her foot at all during the Grand Prix Finals.
She didn't mention her injury to the media before she made the Olympic team because "I didn't want to make excuses and it's my fault I was injured anyway."
They showed a interview of MIki right after GPF and when she was asked about her jumps she said "I just couldn't use my foot properly." When the interviewer asked her why, she just kind of grinned and said something like "For reasons"
After Nationals she thought she didn't make the team and it showed her interview saying stoically " Well I guess I didn't make it, but I will keep training for the next competition." and then her crying on her cell phone in a corner when she found out she made it.

Interesting that she does not make a big deal about her health.

Good luck on that quad. It will be a Lady's Division first.

Joe

alain707

Rinkside
The Japanese are educated in such a way that they don't try to find excuses for themselves, even when it would be their right to do so. Remember how Midori Ito apologized for not winning an olympic gold! We are sooo muuuuch used to

Given the recent Time magazine article, I would include Miki for the win, if and only if she lands the Quad.

Joe

Amber11

Rinkside
Miki can do a quad with a double twist, her other skills are still lacking and that is what she needs to concentrate on. Miko should do 2 quads, then she might be in the hunt for a bronze medal.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Amber11 said:
Miki can do a quad with a double twist, her other skills are still lacking and that is what she needs to concentrate on. Miko should do 2 quads, then she might be in the hunt for a bronze medal.

Hi there Amber - i was just wondernig what you mean by a quad with a double twist?

Thanks
Ant