TIME Magazine Favors Meissner | Page 4 | Golden Skate

TIME Magazine Favors Meissner

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
millie said:
I am not trying to compete with you MM but here is a little one on articles and the media;

He who has a thing to tell
And goes and whispers in a well.
Is not so apt to get the dollars
As he who climbs a tree and hollers.

Kimmie's sweet, but will be beat.
Sasha thrills, but takes a spill.
Kwan's not gold, or so we're told.
The fix is in. Irina wins.

jesslily

Final Flight
I just got the time to read the article this morning. I think the picture of Kimmie is her last year's picture. She was a lot smaller and younger then. But Michelle's picture is very recent. The author seems on purpose to show how out-of-date of Michelle. Using different years' pictures for different skaters are totally unfair.

soogar

Record Breaker
Ogre Mage said:
Please. It's one thing to have finished 4th or 5th in the previous years Worlds. It is another thing entirely to have never even SKATED at Worlds in your career, which is Kimmie's situation. She finished 5th in both of her GP skates -- not impressive. Furthermore, the Olympics is being contested under CoP. If it was 6.0 which tended to reward 3/3s more, I would give Kimmie an outside shot. But CoP emphasizes spins, spirals and footwork just as much and in these areas, Kimmie is noticably behind the top skaters. And as chuckm said, her so-so components scores on the GP show that the handwriting is on the wall.

No way, 3-3s are rewarded under COP if they are ratified. That's how Mao handed both Irina and Sasha their hides in the GP. COP is a very open system. If Irina skates a safe program with only 4 triples like she did in SLC, Kimmie is going to beat her bad. Now the only thing that will help Irina is if the caller is Russian b/c that's the only way Irina can beat someone who throws 3-3s is when they are called as doubles. Like they did to Miki in CoR.