Small question regarding Kwan's Long Program Music This Season | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Small question regarding Kwan's Long Program Music This Season

KFC

Spectator
Mathman said:
That was my first impression, that her music must be an orchestral version. The bare piano banging away relentlessly on the same three notes -- whew!

MM

Although my sincere hope is that if it is an orchestral interpretation, it's not a muzaked version a la Shiz's "Fantasie Impromptu." :bow:

millie

Medalist
havanamesa1 said:
Like yours :rofl:

Sorry havanamesa, shouldn't have made that comment. Just trying to get on the good sides of the majority of people on this board. After awhile, you get brainwashed and you don't know who is right or who is wrong. Stay strong. This don't mean that I agree with you that Irina is not sick. I think that she really is.

KFC said:
Although my sincere hope is that if it is an orchestral interpretation, it's not a muzaked version a la Shiz's "Fantasie Impromptu." :bow:
Good point, KFC. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I do think that it is a disadvantage to Michelle that the judges will have to hear the music pretty much cold, like the rest of us.

Thanks for joining in, and welcome to Golden Skate.

Mathman :)

Mathman said:
Good point, KFC. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I do think that it is a disadvantage to Michelle that the judges will have to hear the music pretty much cold, like the rest of us.

Thanks for joining in, and welcome to Golden Skate.Mathman :)
Actually it is a well known piece. I remember a hundred years ago in grammar school we had to know Prelude in C Sharp Minor by Rachmaninoff as part of our music appreciation syllabus.

I am sure Joe Inman knows and he is a stickler for the character of the music. I hope he judges.

Joe

flowjo35

On the Ice
Mathman said:

The judges will at least get to hear and see the programs at practices so they will not be going into it cold. They can actually get the feel of the music before the competition begins. The fans will be seeing it cold.

KFC

Spectator
Mathman said:

Thanks for the welcome, Mathman.

After viewing Buttle's Rach SP, I have to say that I was blown away at how well the music could work with the right choreo. Though I'm curious how TT's work will compare with Wilson's.