What if... | Golden Skate

What if...

antmanb

Record Breaker
So what if, in Torino, we have a Ladies SP like the one in SLC which i think was almost unprecedented because something like the top 10-15 ladies sakted clean SPs, i remember skater after skater doing their jumps clean: triple lutz combo, triple flip and double axel including Sarah Meier who was, i think 10th after the SP.

So...if all the girls in Torino go clean on their jumps how do you think the top 10 will look going into the free? Even more interesting - give reasons as to why (bearing in mind that the scenario is that they all skate clean so defferentiating factor should not be, cos so and so is likely to not go clean).

Ant

CDMM1991

Medalist
It would come down to the GOE, PCS, spin levels, and spiral levels. In 6.0 a clean program got you a 5.4-5.8. It's not so anymore. There might not be that many points in between placings but there are various determining factors in CoP that will show you two programs that would appear completely equal, could be a world apart.

Kirkbiggestfan

Rinkside
Some skaters, who have nothing to lose will take risks in the SP and attempt triple-triple combos, especially the ones with weaker spins. Meissner, Kostner, Arakawa, Sokolova....So, I guess we won't see everybody do a 3lz-2T and 3F...

Kirkbiggestfan

Rinkside
True, but Kostner usually goes for 3F-3T in her SP. She makes them look effortless, when she is on. She does not need a 3-3 to be in the top 6 after the short, but this is the competition of a lifetime for her, who knows what she will do!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
1-Slutskaya
2-Kostner or Choen
3-Kostner or Cohen
If everybody skate clean short programs, That would be top 3 ladies. Other in top 10 would be Ando ,Arakawa, Sokolova, Kwan, Gedevanishvili, Volchkova, Suguri, Meier...who else?

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Kirkbiggestfan said:
True, but Kostner usually goes for 3F-3T in her SP. She makes them look effortless, when she is on. She does not need a 3-3 to be in the top 6 after the short, but this is the competition of a lifetime for her, who knows what she will do!

Go,Go,Caro!!!!! She can do 3-3-3 combo,and maybe she will... :yes:

Welcome to Golden Skate, Kirkbiggestfan. Great to have another Jenny fan in the mix!

Mathman :)

peachy

Rinkside
well because of the new scoring system, if most of the ladies skate clean short programs, there is the possibility of having the top skaters very close in the standings... with the old system, if you skated clean, but still ended up 5th or so, it was pretty much impossible to get back in the game, but the way it is now, it is possible for the top 10 skaters or so to all be within 1 point of each other, making it anyones to take depending on how the long programs go

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Yes, that's right. For example, if you were watching Europeans, the difference between Sokolova,Meier,Gedevanishvili and Kostner was less then 1!!!! Even between Elena and Sarah, the difference was 0,01!!!!!

antmanb, Caro has that combo in short, but even if she doesn't do it, she can still be in a good rank!!!!!!!
:yes: :yes: :yes:

forza Caro!

havanamesa1

Rinkside
Irina's scores will blow everyone away as she receives a total score of over 100 for her SP (!!!) Her PCS scores will be so inflated that she'll get all 10s with all +3 GOEs for her ugly Biellmanns. Sasha will be in second place with her SP score in the 60 to 65 range.

A lot of ifs and maybes and also strong predictions.I'm just hoping that with all of these predictions that the posters whose hopes did not come true, would come back to the forum and say, I was wrong. They wont. They will come back and talk about costumes and wuzrobbed.:laugh:

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker
anything_for_skating said:
Yes, that's right. For example, if you were watching Europeans, the difference between Sokolova,Meier,Gedevanishvili and Kostner was less then 1!!!! Even between Elena and Sarah, the difference was 0,01!!!!!

antmanb, Caro has that combo in short, but even if she doesn't do it, she can still be in a good rank!!!!!!!
:yes: :yes: :yes:

forza Caro!

No she can't do a 3/3/3 in the SP its against the rules - if she did a 3/3/3 she'd seal her own fate by get 0 for the entire jump combination element...only a jump combination consisting of two jumps are allowed in teh SP!

Ant

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
I know the rules very good, as I am a skater too...I know that she can't do 3-3-3 combo in short, but she can do 3-3 wich will still be enough. Kwan,Cohen and else - nobody is doing 3-3, appart of Kostner, Ando, Gedevanishvili and maybe Arakawa.
BTW, even if she won't do 3-3 in short, she will still be good ranked...!!!!!!!!!:clap: