What kind of tights do you like to wear for practice? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What kind of tights do you like to wear for practice?

lindasaffell

Rinkside
Mrs Redboots said:
But if I may be so bold, it is not a great idea to skate in jeans - you really want something that moves with you, not that you move inside. Your yoga pants, or sweatpants, are a far better idea. Plus when you fall over and get them all snowy, jeans can be horrendously clammy - think how serious hikers won't wear them for walking in.

Why yes, you may. :yes: I DO think I like the yoga pants pretty well. My jeans that I had worn for skating are actually quite old ones so they are really soft and broken-in, but truthfully I wasn't doing a lot of skating work, just recreational skating in them.

I see ALL sorts of clothing at my local rink! From tiny tots and older girls in tights and dresses or skirts, to kids with jeans about to fall off, to hockey kids, to adults with, now I think about it, often a track suit.

Very interesting -- I am realizing that I started out just skating for occasional fun outings and don't think of it as much as sport as I have other activities. I sure have all the clothes for exercise that I need, I just wasn't considering them so often as potential clothing to skate in.

Thanks, everyone, for the help and ideas!

katharine.

Spectator
I have like 10 zillion pairs of in the boot tights. Personally I think the stirrup ones look retarded anyways...Are tights really a big deal?

Rusty Blades

Rinkside
I like my Mondor footed thights - comfortable and warm. I wear them under stretch pants. The stretch pants offer WAY more mobility than jeans.