Timothy Goebel's Journal Entry | Golden Skate

Timothy Goebel's Journal Entry

S

SkateFan4Life

Here's a link to Timothy Goebel's January 18, 2006 journal entry, as contained in his official website. Sounds as though Tim plans to skate in shows and exhibitions, participate in charitable organizations, and possibly attend college. All the best to him!

http://www.timothygoebel.net/journal04.shtml

Sad about Tim. The year after he had that brilliant FS in 2003 Worlds, he wound up with that misaligned spinal thing and the new boots that were off center. He just couldn't get it back after that bad year for him.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
He is the one skater, I don't like his skating (sounds strange, mh?), but I do like his off ice attitude. He is the only skater, I ever heard openly compliment his direct competetor right after the competetion, even himself did skate well but placed lower.

cmego500

Rinkside
He seems like a ncie guy outside of skating but i hated his skating and i'm happy (hoping, didn't read the journal) that he's done with competitions. This guy only had the Quad and that's it. Everything else was garbage.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I kinda wish that he had given up competetive skating after SLC. He was the quad king, and I think that he could have been very very sucessful in the pro/tour circuit. He has great charisma and i wish him the best.

jesslily

Final Flight
He looks like a great person. Even he did not make the team, he is planning to use his skating to benefit the unfortunate. This was also reflected from his reaction to Angela mother's passing away. He spent precious time to help Angela during 2005 Nationals.... I am glad that he has a plan for his future.

nymkfan51

Medalist
I love Timmy and hope he can be happy in his future endeavors. While his skating was not my most favorite, I certainly did get enjoyment from watching him, and am saddened that anyone would classify everything but his quad as garbage.
He seems to have such a good heart, and that goes a long way in my book. :love:

Last edited:
Describing a figure skater's dream as garbage is a reflection on the poster who probably never had a pair of ice skates on.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Longhornliz said:
I kinda wish that he had given up competetive skating after SLC. He was the quad king, and I think that he could have been very very sucessful in the pro/tour circuit. He has great charisma and i wish him the best.

I for one am very glad he went to worlds in 2003.

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Describing a figure skater's dream as garbage is a reflection on the poster who probably never had a pair of ice skates on.

I totally agree Joe...and as a skater i wish i skated as "garbage" as Tim!

Ant

childfreegirl

Final Flight
One thing I can definately say about Tim, he's a class act. I didn't make a poster for him at Nationals, but I'll say it here. Thanks Tim.

pollyls

Rinkside
Cheers to Tim

I wish Tim all the best. :clap: I feel for everything he's been through, and wish he could have had the comeback this year that he wanted. I enjoy watching supernatural atheticism as much as I enjoy watching awesome presentation, and I always liked Tim and hoped he could pull the presentation together enough to make his programs complete. It's a shame he didn't get one more crack at the Olympics.

S

SkateFan4Life

cmego500 said:
He seems like a ncie guy outside of skating but i hated his skating and i'm happy (hoping, didn't read the journal) that he's done with competitions. This guy only had the Quad and that's it. Everything else was garbage.

I respectfully disagree with you in stating that "everything else was garbage." Timothy's quad jumps were, obviously his strong points, but he also had good spins, solid triple lutz, triple axel (at least most of the time), and he was making a real attempt to add more artistry into his performances.

IMHO, Tim is a class act, a gentlemen of the first order, and a credit to himself and to the sport of figure skating. May he have a long, happy, successful career and life! :clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I will also miss Tim. I think a lot of people underestimate Tim's skating
skills, he did win the bronze at SLC in 2002. Unfortunately he was
out with injuries and then the coaching change. His skating just seemed
to lose its umph. I wish him well.

S

SkateFan4Life

demarinis5 said:
I will also miss Tim. I think a lot of people underestimate Tim's skating skills, he did win the bronze at SLC in 2002. Unfortunately he was
out with injuries and then the coaching change. His skating just seemed
to lose its umph. I wish him well.

Tim's career was plagued for a number of years with a number of injuries. He withdrew from US Nationals in the 1990s, before he came to be known for his quad jumps, due to injuries. The guy "skated hurt" for a long, long time, and I give him a tremendous amount of credit for sticking with it and remaining in the sport for a long as he has.