NBC Olympics | Golden Skate

NBC Olympics

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I decided to look and see what they will be doing to put up a schedule for the games. I was happily surprised to see that in the figure skating category there are videos, and lots of articles, etc. there. Wish I had time to watch them.
:bow: :clap: :rock: :yes:

jesslily

Final Flight
So totally how many people will cover the figure skating in Italy? 8 or 9? At Nationals, I feel too many people talking. Terry, Paul, Kurt, Peter, Dick, Peggy, Suzie, Kat, Did I miss a commentator? For any major event, 3 or 4 commentator are far enough. The fans and TV audience want to watch skaters' skating, not formal skaters' talking. Do the audience inside the rinks need people telling them how to watch figure skating?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Sandra Besic is the only one covering all four disiplines
Dick Button has pairs
Tracy Wilson Dance
Scott has Men's and ladies...

why Sandra gets all four (or any at all) is beyond me... but she and Al like to bash European skaters so I guess she's teh best choice for NBC :disapp: :sheesh: :disagree: :indiff: :scowl:

S

SkateFan4Life

Tonichelle said:
Dick Button has pairs
Tracy Wilson Dance
Scott has Men's and ladies...

why Sandra gets all four (or any at all) is beyond me... but she and Al like to bash European skaters so I guess she's teh best choice for NBC :disapp: :sheesh: :disagree: :indiff: :scowl:

UGH! Here's hoping that Dick, Tracy, and Scott can somehow conspire to put a gag on Sandra Bezic. I usually never wish anybody ill health, but I make an exception for Bezic - I'd like her to come down with a nasty case of laryngitis that lasts from February 10 through February 26, which conveniently happens to be the time span for the Olympics. Of course, she would probably show up anyway and croak, wheeze, and sneeze her way across the airwaves.

If she pulls another "Salt Lake" in Torino, I for one intend to bombard NBC with an avalanche of irate e-mails. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I would think, after all that at Olympics, that she should have learned her lesson but you never know. Sometimes they're the ones that never learn. Hopefully, things will work out.

havanamesa1

Rinkside
Tonichelle said:

She's also known for bashing American skaters -- in fact, she especially doesn't like Kwan and Cohen. I guess the brains at NBC want some excitement at the thought of American skaters getting ridiculed by American commentators. Yeah, Kwan's and Cohen's endorsement sponsors will love that...

havanamesa1 said:
She's also known for bashing American skaters -- in fact, she especially doesn't like Kwan and Cohen. I guess the brains at NBC want some excitement at the thought of American skaters getting ridiculed by American commentators. Yeah, Kwan's and Cohen's endorsement sponsors will love that...
That's why I can not argue sensibly with Rusophiles because they insist the US and Canada are working in their own conspiracy. Sorry guys, they are rivals in figure skating and do not want one country to get more medals than the other.

Joe

jesslily

Final Flight
I dislike the NBC skating coverage team. Besides Dick Button, all the other three's voice disturb my mood to enjoy the skating. I'd rather to have Peggy, Dick, Terry, and Peter to do the commentating. Suzie is also better than most members of the NBC's coverage team.

Alsace

On the Ice
havanamesa1 said:
She's also known for bashing American skaters -- in fact, she especially doesn't like Kwan and Cohen.

I don't know about that. In SLC, she said "It just all about Michelle" in a tone of awe. She also stated several times that Sasha Cohen "has it all!"

That's not bashing.

jesslily said:
I dislike the NBC skating coverage team. Besides Dick Button, all the other three's voice disturb my mood to enjoy the skating. I'd rather to have Peggy, Dick, Terry, and Peter to do the commentating. Suzie is also better than most members of the NBC's coverage team.
-
Jesslilly - You just have to go to LIVE competitions, although you may miss the comments.

The networks work the commentators over so that they say things that will get high ratings.

Joe