Interview with Sale, Pelletier and ...Dick Button! | Golden Skate

Interview with Sale, Pelletier and ...Dick Button!

76olympics

On the Ice
I saw this linked on another board--I laughed out loud at the Dick Button quote used for the headline! I am one of those who finds him amusing and instructive . Maybe it's because I am 42 and don't remember watching without his commentary, but I will be sorry when he leaves-even though he has infuriated me at several junctures. Also-in the article-Pelletier expresses his bewilderment over ice dancing. :rofl:

Here you go:

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index.php?section=pp&action=show&id=28970

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I thought David's remarks about Plushy's costume more appropriate for Weir's costume.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
That was definitely a fun read. Dick Button is always a hoot and I liked reading J&Ds comments too. Thanks for posting that here. LOL at Dave's comments on Ice Dancing and how he could be really bad at commentating "and it could be a really long three weeks"! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
BUTTON ON POINTS GIVEN FOR SPECIFIC ELEMENTS:
"Put it this way, they can get whatever the ISU decides. When in doubt grab your foot and pull it over your head."
:laugh: :rofl:

KelyScot

Spectator
This was a hoot. I used to get quite annoyed with Dick Buttons because he came across so critical of the skaters years past. . someone must have talked to him about it at ABC because he is much more compasionate now. . and as always informative. I was glad to see him give kudos to Michelle Kwan for being there. . and he is right. . the ladies medal is up for grabs. . no one knows what any of them have up there sleeves

Julie O

Rinkside
http://www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/01/santin0.jpg

That is NOT the costume Sasha picked. I don't know where this information comes from, haven't a lot of time....but I watched this particular episode twice, and Sasha picked a white costume with a diamond-shaped cut-out over the midsection. It has some swirlly designs in sequins, and Sasha loved it and says she'll be wearing it in a program this season. Probably her Olympic or Worlds exh. The winning designer was named Zulema. She's since been voted off the show.

Julie, just setting the record straight. :cool:

Julie O

Rinkside
Yeah, I do, now that I think of it LOL. Can I blame this sinus problem that has hung on for 8 days now?

Julie, laughing now....:biggrin: