Tanith Belbin to Report from Super Bowl for GMA Saturday, Sunday | Golden Skate

Tanith Belbin to Report from Super Bowl for GMA Saturday, Sunday

S

SkateFan4Life

And just exactly what qualifies Tanith to commentate on football? Please! She's there to be a "golden girl" cutie. I just hope she doesn't wear the type of revealing outfit she's been wearing for her competitive performances. :frown:

Here's hoping we don't see another "wardrobe malfunction"!

I have heard Tanith take the microphone at skating events. She is a natural talent. Setting her WOW looks aside, she definitely has a gift a gab.

I assume she will be reporting on all the "winter activities" events that are going on here in Detroit. Since the Super Bowl is usually held in the sun belt, Detroit is going all out with a Winter Wonderland theme. In fact, it's snowing right now, LOL.

There is public ice skating at the downtown rink near the super bowl stadium, and local skaters such as Sato and Dungjen and Punsalan and Swallow are performing. There is a big snow slide for kids and a dog sled ride. Plus you can go indoors for "the NFL experience," where you get to push a blocking sled and participate in passing and kicking contests.

I'm thrilled that Tanith is getting this opportunity to strut her stuff. Just wait and see -- she will have a second career in broadcasting before she's done!

Mathman :)

Kasey

Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:
And just exactly what qualifies Tanith to commentate on football? Please! She's there to be a "golden girl" cutie. I just hope she doesn't wear the type of revealing outfit she's been wearing for her competitive performances. :frown:

Here's hoping we don't see another "wardrobe malfunction"!

What qualifies Terry Gannon to commentate on figure skating?

S

SkateFan4Life

Mathman said:
I have heard Tanith take the microphone at skating events. She is a natural talent. Setting her WOW looks aside, she definitely has a gift a gab.

I assume she will be reporting on all the "winter activities" events that are going on here in Detroit. Since the Super Bowl is usually held in the sun belt, Detroit is going all out with a Winter Wonderland theme. In fact, it's snowing right now, LOL.

There is public ice skating at the downtown rink near the super bowl stadium, and local skaters such as Sato and Dungjen and Punsalan and Swallow are performing. There is a big snow slide for kids and a dog sled ride. Plus you can go indoors for "the NFL experience," where you get to push a blocking sled and participate in passing and kicking contests.

I'm thrilled that Tanith is getting this opportunity to strut her stuff. Just wait and see -- she will have a second career in broadcasting before she's done!

Mathman :)

OK, Mathman. Then I'm hoping that the Super Bowl winners have the chance to commentate at Torino. Perhaps they can do some "local color" stories, take us on a restaurant tour, chat with the locals, etc. :rofl:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Just as long as she does not attempt to sing "The Star Spanngled Banner" - that would be too much. Our skating commentators still refer to Tanith as "the girl from Kingson (Ontario.)"

S

SkateFan4Life

Ladskater said:
Just as long as she does not attempt to sing "The Star Spanngled Banner" - that would be too much. Our skating commentators still refer to Tanith as "the girl from Kingson (Ontario.)"

With all due respect, the Canadian commentators should start to refer to Tanith as "the girl from Kingston Ontario who is now a US citizen".

What has been the reaction in Canada to Tanith's obtaining her dual US citizenship?

SkateFan4Life said:
OK, Mathman. Then I'm hoping that the Super Bowl winners have the chance to commentate at Torino. Perhaps they can do some "local color" stories, take us on a restaurant tour, chat with the locals, etc. :rofl:
I don't know about that, but I do expect that the lead figure skating announcer on ABC/ESPN next year will be a basketball player.

Terry Gannon's claim to fame: he scored 7 points in the 1983 March madness basketball tournament finals as North Carorlina State upset Houston for the gold medal. I mean, for the NCAA Championship Trophy. :)