My rink | Page 2 | Golden Skate

My rink

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
anything_for_skating said:
You know what? You are actually lucky!..."there are other rinks in area"...
OK,you are probably asking why are you lucky...Here are my problems:

-I live in Serbia and in whole country we have only 3 ice rinks normal sizes. I am from Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, and there is only that one ice rink.
-The ice rink is working only 6 months in year!
-Practices in the morning start at 6:30 AM!
-Sometimes, the men who works there is sleeping in the morning so we are waiting for him to wake up and oped the rink.
-We are freezing because inside of the rink...how to explain on English...well let's say that in winter, it's cold as much as outside, maybe even more.

And everything this is happening in the capital of Serbia! If you ask someone in the city, he/she will probably tell you: "Hey, wait a minute, skating actually exists in Serbia?"

Here's the big question: How can the skaters skate and try to do something in this sport with conditions like those? How can actually be skaters?!

I am skating since I know about myself....I am 13 years old now and I an waking up everyday so early, I am freezing, and I am giving up of somany things because of skating...People usually say to me that I am crazy, but I simply love it and that's my whole life...Doesn't matter it's so hard...:)

Poor baby! When I first started skating (just a little over 2), there was a rink I went to that was just as bad. It was only open 3 months of the year(it gets too hott too often in the southern US), and the ice was covered with bumps. When I was learning my camel spin, I actually spun on top of one of the bumps(and lived :p ).
I was lucky though, as there's another rink close by that is open all year, and the ice is of good quality. It's just too expenxive. . . .It costs $13 to skate for an hour and $10 for forty-five minutes.

-Are there any other towns near you that have year-round facilities?

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Our rink is just old and cold like an old barn. However, we can skate here from October to May and we are close to other towns that have their ice available when ours isn't. So we can skate all year long! Yeah!