SOI-St.Louis Review | Golden Skate

SOI-St.Louis Review

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
Well I haven't written a review in quite awhile,so I'll try to be a thorough as possible.A bit of a warning,i don't specify jumps and skating elements,not because i don't know them(cause i better! I skate!) but...because i am more interested in the artistic and overall experience of it for the skaters and the audience.
Alright...Well we(my Mom and I) went a day ahead of time,so I could rest up from the trip(sort of neccessary when you are 6 mons preg.)So we went up on Thurs,stopped at my grandma's on the way up...to rest,got there about 5PM,weather was actually quite pleasant,previous times I've been it's been like -8....this time..I didn't even need a coat that first day.VERY nice. Well not much else to say there LOL..we rest,ate and went to bed.
Friday,we slept in and then went over to Union Station to get some lunch and do some shopping(I went and made a teddy bear with a little soccer outfit for my son at the Teddy Bear factory) and got my Starbucks fix,(i got decaf,so no need to lecture) and while we were walking around we saw Steven Cousins and Jennifer Robinson and Yuka Sato and Jason Dunjen in Starbucks and we saw Todd sitting in one of those massage chairs you feed quarters to(btw if you ever see one,it's worth the $$,especially if you got aching muscles)Didn't see Alexei or Elena or Anton or anyone else.
Went over to the arena about 6:30 it was PACKED!!!One of the hostess's said they were expecting 8,000-9,000 people.And I believe they probably met their estimate! We were in the middle of the 6th row...center ice...pretty good seats,i didn't have anyone in my path of sight so I got to see everything pretty well.
The show was late in starting,they were having some technical problems with the TV's at the corners of the ice.Ended up having to do the first half of the show without the Scott narrating from the TV but they DID have audio of it.So,it worked out pretty good ok....

Act 1

Loverly Spring- It was so cute LOL even if it wasn't the real opening.

I'd do Anything for Love- Starting off with Alexei ..he did wonderful!His skating was very graceful*if that is a word you can use for a guy* everyone in the audience seemed sort of in awe,i think he looks better in simpler costumes like the one for this...Then when everyone else came out the crowd erupted.LOVE the girls dresses!!the whole thing was absolutely beautiful!

Winter- AWESOME!! It was Awesome!he did so well!Didn't fall or nothing,he seemed to be really on fire with this,lots of energy,crowd loved it! He did really really well.

Beanfields-this is a really cute program,not my fav. of her's but..it's cute and the crowd liked it and it was better than the first time i saw it on Ice Wars.

You Are So Beautiful-Elena and Anton's skating is always....just so breathtaking in it's beauty. They did beautifully except for poor Elena fell on a jump,i wonder if she's injured,it's not like her to fall so much(heard she's been falling at other shows) But the ending pose just evokes a giant "awwwwww" and a collective Sigh from the women in the audience LOL

And the beat Goes on- This is a cute program..Jennifer got lots of whistles and Wooowoo!'s I've never seen her skate in person,I really like her skating,very graceful!

Belfast Child- LOVED this programANYWAY I love this program!Love the music,it was just...no words,I had never seen it before so..it was new to me,I guess for me it was mostly the music i loved LOL..but I do like Steven's skating quite alot also.

Peace Frog it says on the program he skated Mr Bojangles instead-It was alright,he did really well,crowd loves Kurt anyway,personally i didn't like the music but that's just my personal preference.

Elite Syncopations-This was cute,i personally didn't like this music for them,but they skated it well and they did this really cool life where she was doing a hand stand,on his hand..way cool Crowd let out a gasp at that one then applause.

Alexander's Ragtime Band-I didn't like this music for Todd-but his skating was fantastic as usual..love his spins!

Dance Medley-this was so fun to watch!I can't say much about this one cause there was just so much going on,but it was fun to watch.And I don't see where people say Alexei has no rythm he's got more than they give him credit for! lol

Act 2-They got the TV's fixed during intermission

Over/Comedy Tonight-it was cute LOL

Chaplin Medley-LOVED it! I had heard so many good things about it,Anton does Chaplin very well,Elena was so cute. Loved the ending,but then again I loved Dance Mix too so..*shrugs* the ending is so cute :)

Superstition-I really like this program,I love the music and Steven has a real dance like feel to his skating...it was really good!

If it wasn't For your Love-*melt* it was so so beautiful!She is so graceful...it was like no one scarcely breathed watching her.So so beautiful!

Get Here- SO beautiful!I love seeing 2 people who truly love eachother,skating together,you could see the love between them in their skating..and at the end he kissed her :) everyone was like "awwwww"(except the guys of course lol)

Too-me tango- This was hilarious! Especially at the end when they leave her with all those bags and she is screaming and kicking them back inside the curtain LOL :lol

Peace Frog- The audience loved this one,he did really well,good footwork.

Sway-ok...he started 2 aisles over from me(the aisle nearest me was all men all the way down LOL,so wouldn't really have worked too well) I could see everything till he sat in the ladies lap. He did VERy well,no mess ups..Crowd LOVED it!!Clapped along,his footwork was on fire!!.The only thing i would suggest would be to go back to the fedora with the white band,instead of the indiana jones looking hat.Other than that..He did really really well!Girls were screaming and everything LOL

The Suite-Gorgeous,and yet sad.Everyone sighed when they showed Sergei and started clapping for him.

Vertigo-LOVE this...This was a way cool program!!Lots of tricks that made the audience gasp.

Bolero-Even though i am aware of this musics history i think he did really really well on it!

I want to Know What Love is-This was gorgeous as well...you can see a difference between them now that they've gotten married..more of a..I don't know...tenderness?It was a really beautiful piece.

Sing,sing sing- LOVED the ending....it was really cool,and everyone seemed to be having a blast! ;) all the guys were acting out LOLit was hilarious!
All in all I think the crowd really loved this years show...I know i did..no complaints here,and no i'm not being partial just because i am a fan LOL

~the End~