Any posters from Italy? | Golden Skate

Any posters from Italy?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Do any of you who post here live in Italy? I need to know something about Italian pop music. Help!!!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
OK let's try this..does anyone know if it is possible to find American pop music in Italian?
HELP, I am desparate. Thanks!

FauveNik

Rinkside
Italie like France has pop songs, there is Eros and Zuccero who come to mind. What kind of " pop" are you looking for??
Fauve

Jill

On the Ice
Hi Piel. I'm not Italian, but my parents are and I have a few cds. Actually, I was really disappointed that they didn't play any Italian music for the opening ceremony. AnyHoo, I think the one song they did play was one by Lorenzo Jovanotti. He does some nice Italian hip hop. Also, check out Marco Cocci. As for American music in Italian? I think I have some of that, but it's at home, and I'm at work. I'll check and see.

Have you ever been to Italy? I have and I loved it!!! Handsome men and really good food. That, after all, IS what it's all about.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks for responding! What I need the music for is this. One of my Girl Scout (Guides outside of the U.S.)troops is representing Italy for our annual international day celebration. They have to wear costumes of some type and put on an on stage of some kind. These girls are in middle school and were set on doing a fashion show...yes THAT age, LOL, This could be looked at as not so serious a presentation so last year after they chose Italy I made a deal with the them. They had to pick an Italian fashion designer and really study the designer and his/her work. Then, they had to design and make a garmet in the style of their designer. They will be wearing their designs as their costume for the event and for their presentation will be modeling them in a fashion show. We want to play Italian pop or rock music during the fashion show. I was hoping to find an American song so that it would be familiar to the crowd but sung in Italian. The girls REALLY want to use "Don'tcha" by The Pussycat Dolls. Their moms are OK with the cleaned up version so ideally I would like to find it sung in Italian but will take most anything...I need it by next Wednesday. I have looked all over the net and all I find is Dean Martin and assorted Italian supperclub standards. During the opening ceremonies of the Olys I kept thinking they would play something and what did they play? American disco:laugh: .

Any ideas? Thanks so much.

Jill my father is half Italian. I have never been there but a villa in Tuscany is way high on things to do after winning the lottery.

Patti

Last edited: