Johnny getting out of control? says people should be "scared" of him | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny getting out of control? says people should be "scared" of him

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
nymkfan51 said:
I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I really don't find his "open and honest" conversation all that appealing.
I'm all for free speech and speaking your mind, but frankly, sometimes I just wish he would shut up and skate.

I agree. It is one thing to be "open and honest" and another to totally go out of your way to say things that are controversial, rude, etc. IMHO, the boy is just looking for a little attention. Too bad for him, each time he opens his trap I'm more likely to take a potty break when he skates.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I just received a ransom note for Camille from Viktor Petrenko[/QUOTE]

Are you sure its from Viktor or Alexi Urmonov? Remember, he is fond of swan costumes..lol

JanJam

Rinkside
Maybe he and Tara Lipiniski should compare notes and release just one tell-all book (more convenient and cheaper for the readers), instead of individually threatening to put out their own books...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
I just received a ransom note for Camille from Viktor Petrenko
Or was it from Vasiliev saying Camille was a fake swan????:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Frau Muller

Final Flight
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Doggone it, if Johnny isn't going to be the BEST DAMN FUN in this whole Olympiad! And the Games haven't even officially begun yet!

JOHNNY WEIR -- A BREATH OF FRESH AIR AMIDST USFSA & ISU PHONINESS!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
JOHNNY WEIR -- A BREATH OF FRESH AIR AMIDST USFSA & ISU PHONINESS!

I love that Johnny is the main American man casual Olympic viewers will see when they watch skating because I think he's really fun and gives skating personality. I absolutely love his skating also.

However, I find him to be really phoney as well. Everything he says or does to try to seem "different" or "outrageous" or "outspoken" seems to be a way for him to get attention and give him an excuse to be defensive. I know it seems really harsh, but I hate how people excuse his behavior for being "refreshing" and "honest" and "Un-PC" when other people do the same but say unpopular opinions and the same posters roll their eyes at them and some get angry. It seems that the whole applauding honesty thing is very selective for many people.

I also can't stand that he idolizes the biggest attention wh*re of all, Paris Hilton and looks like he's trying to emulate her. Before you go off on me about this having nothing to do with anything, I just think this is the sort of person he wants people to see him as. Like a male skating version of the fabulous misunderstood rich and famous...except that his roots were humble and parents sacrificed a lot to fund his skating and he seems to try to ignore that fact.

He doesn't need to do that because unlike her, he has great talent.

Now, I know my opinion is probably unpopular, but I really like Johnny and do think he believes many of the things that he says. However, I think he's become a caricature and feels he has a character to play and when someone sees through it, he gets really defensive about it and acts like he's the victim yet again. It's easy to be the victim against the big ol' mean organizations like the USFS and the ISU.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
It was Viktor, he plans to add Camille to his collection of Mambo Gal and Woof Woof. I did hear a rumour that Mango was interested in Camille too:p .

S

SkateFan4Life

Gee, I've carried my own luggage, have schlepped along at airports and bus terminals, have not always had the most spectacular accommodations, and I haven't opened my mouth to complain about my "discontent".

For Pete's sakes, what does Johnny Weir expect at the Olympic Village? This isn't the Plaza Hotel, you know. It's more like a college dorm - crowded, noisy - and lacking in privacy. Sounds to me as though Weir should have booked a nice quiet chalet outside of the city so that he could live properly. :biggrin:

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
Taan said:
is he out of control?, someone needs to reel him in...he's already complaining about the Olympic accomadations not being up to his "standards"....and he is telling the media he wants to write a book to expose the world of skating for what it is.....someone put a muzzle on him ASAP!!
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/to...s?slug=ap-fig-eccentricweir&prov=ap&type=lgns
"I think people are definitely very wary of what's going to come out of my mouth and they're very worried about the kind of image I'm portraying for figure skating, as far as I've heard," he said. "That's cool. People should stay scared."

Johnny makes me :biggrin: I don't think he is out of control. His mouth might be, but otherwiser he seems to have his life together OK.

I hope he really does write that book.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
I think Johnny and Camille should star in a John Waters movie. It could be the greatest piece of Divine Trash since "Pink Flamingos."

soogar

Record Breaker
I think Johnny was being humorous. I was reading a column in my local paper where the columnist was slamming Bode Miller for opening his big mouth and that Honestly wasn't Bode's problem.

His quote was : " Athletes are rewarded for honesty: just look at the engaging Johnny Weir, the figure skater who had the press in stitches yesterday when he confessed that he was rooting for the Russians to sweep the medals." That columnist was Steve Politi.

Callystarr

Rinkside
That child, Johnny Weir kills me, you would think he has one back to back world titles and was the favorite coming into Torino...LAME

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
It was Viktor, he plans to add Camille to his collection of Mambo Gal and Woof Woof. I did hear a rumour that Mango was interested in Camille too:p .
Piel, any news on Camille today??

Dee

IndieBoi

On the Ice
nymkfan51 said:
I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I really don't find his "open and honest" conversation all that appealing.
I'm all for free speech and speaking your mind, but frankly, sometimes I just wish he would shut up and skate.

I second that... Being honest is one thing, but the 'underdecorated' comment is just disrespectful (unappreciative, at best) to the host country. I wish he'd learn some grace and diplomacy (or are they things you're born with?). You can't be blamed for how you feel but not everything needs to be shared with the rest of the world.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
As for the acid/coke/drunk comments, I wonder if Bode Miller is uber thrilled about being in Johny Weir's company...

millie

Medalist
Dee4707 said:
Piel, any news on Camille today??

Dee

I thought Camille was going to carry the flag but Camile cancelled out.

Piel, did you know that the Luge is the fastest sport in the Olympics. That means we will be travelling 90 mph and if Camille is on our team, by the time we finish our race, Camille will be featherless.:chorus: I think that would come under "wardrobe malfuction" and we wouldn't want that.:rofl:

IndieBoi

On the Ice
millie said:
I thought Camille was going to carry the flag but Camile cancelled out.

Piel, did you know that the Luge is the fastest sport in the Olympics. That means we will be travelling 90 mph and if Camille is on our team, by the time we finish our race, Camille will be featherless.:chorus: I think that would come under "wardrobe malfuction" and we wouldn't want that.:rofl:

OT, just remembered a Golden Girls episode where Dorothy said to Blanche that Blanche couldn't possibly go to the Olympics as luge is the only event where you stay on your back, LOL!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Piel said:
I say give him a tape recorder and a book deal!

Is that token or toke'n?:biggrin: Fine with me as long as he stays out of my makeup and leaves my boas alone.

I just mailed Johnny a tape recorder, and I'm assisting him with negotiations on the book deal. We're stuck on my insistance that everyone at GS gets a free signed copy, and an audio version of all the "out takes" that don't make the book.

I will donate my own make up to Johnny with the provision that he helps me apply my own make up in a style worthy of the deLUGEnal Divas.

DG