American Idol - Anyone Watching? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Anyone Watching?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am hoping Taylor wins
I also love Kellie (gotta love my country girl!), and Katherine

my aunt likes the three above and Chris (she calls him Vin Disel and we call Katherine Katie Holmes lol Taylor is George Clooney if you squint real hard lol)

and I am dancing in the street now that Kevin's gone

and Ace should be considered the worst before Kellie... just because she's country it doesn't make her a bad singer UGH!

ranjake

Final Flight
merrywidow said:
I was flipping channels a couple of days ago & heard that Kellie Pickler & Constantine Maroulis are now an item. (Show might have been Entertainment Tonight. Not certain.)
NOT true..........a rumor...con had his picture taken with kellie at the A1 top 24 party, where he performed. con and kellie have both denied this rumor, which was first reported in US magazine.

CB1AB2

Medalist
there is something about Taylor that I don't like = everytime I watch him I cringe I'm glad that Kevin is gone = he shouldn't have even made it to the top 12= I'd like to know why Lisa has been in the bottom 3 = She has a good voice = I haven't picked my favorite yet = for me still to early to tell

cb

mike79

On the Ice
CB1AB2 said:
I'd like to know why Lisa has been in the bottom 3
cb

Although she's good, my guess is that most people find her pretty bland compared to some of the others. She hasn't really stood out since her audition,.

atomikai

Spectator
Lisa has zero star quality, that's why.

I'm hoping Taylor Hicks wins, or at least be in the finale. This competition needs someone like him. Someone who can bring better music back in the mainstream. I wouldn't mind Chris Daughtry winning it though, but there's just too much you can on the radio that sounds exactly like him, same thing goes with Ace Young. Katharine McPhee is really good, she can be the next Norah Jones, in my opinion. And Mandisa's as awesome, but I don't think she has the best chances of winning.

I hate Kellie Pickler. She's been very fake, and her less-than-stellar voice just makes it worse.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Frankly speaking, the other night there was not one performance that stood out. Chris was too over the top and practically ruined his voice during that awful performance. I like Elliot the best but wish he would really step up to the plate and pick better songs.

None of the ladies can sing, end of story.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Katherine can belt it out... last week sucked though for everyone

this week it's country... where Kellie and Bucky will reign as king and queen :rock:

Hopefully no one sings Sweet Home Alabama... I'm getting tired of it being sung in every stupid singing competition lol

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Country music is not my fav, but I enjoyed most of the performances last night. My current favs are Kathryn, Paris, Ace, Chris, and Elliot. Any of these could win and I'd be happy. I can't get on board with Taylor and Mandisa...I'm hoping that they go before Bucky and Kellie...............42

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I still can't believe I voted for Bucky last night, but it was country music night and he was the only one who sounded like a country singer. (I'm leaving out Hickler here because Vote for the Worst has her back in a big way.)
But since I had to go and bring her up (like my lunch!), the way she ruined "Fancy" last night makes me want to beat her over the head with a dead "saL-mon". How can you sing a song like that and show no emotional connection whatever to the lyric? If you're going to sing a song about your Momma making a hooker out of you, you'd best show some attitude, that's all I'm saying.
McPhee got the best line of the evening, when she told Simon that it was okay, he could say that he just doesn't like country music! Was it me, or did Simon look relieved?
It's anyone's guess who goes home tonight, but I'm thinking Elliott or Ace.
And next week, they all sing Queen!
:rofl:
xoxo
Rave

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Ravyn, I hope your guess is wrong..........Ace and Elliot are two of my favs....42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ravyn - I enjoyed Kellies, and she had more emotion than most of the others last night

Mandisa was just awful... and Taylor was a snooze

Katherine and Kellie got the votes in this house last night... Bunky's cute, but not a favorite...

Katherine, Kellie, Taylor, and Chris are still tops in Anchorage, AK

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Sorry that Mandisa has left but I don't think she would have won in the end. When oh when will Ace be voted out? The guy has a very ordinary voice & tries so hard to emulate Constantine but just ends up looking vapid. I'm all about Chris. Love his voice. I think Kellie is cute & she is a pretty good country songstress. Better, IMO, than Carrie Underwood.

SingAlto

On the Ice
I was hoping Bucky would get the boot-- especially after he murdered my cousin's song last night. :sheesh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
merrywidow said:
Sorry that Mandisa has left but I don't think she would have won in the end.
Why don't you think she could have won??

I was shocked that Mandisa left. I haven't watched all the time but I listened when she sang.

Dee

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I was hoping Paris would get the boot, I can't stand her attitude let alone her singing. I am glad Elliot is still in there. I hope he makes it. Bucky should be next to go. Once they run out of country material he and Kellie will be out of luck.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Yes, I agree with the choice of letting Mandisa go last night. Although she has a wonderful booming voice I don't think she fit the image of a pop star. Now if she tried Christian singing then she would do wonderful there.

One of these four will go next: Elliot, Ace, Bucky or Paris.

Top three at the end will be: Katherine, Chris and Taylor.

Kellie just plays it so dumb that she really turns me off. I also don't think she's that great a singer but of course her looks are what will carry her through.

Should be interesting singing Queen this week coming. Check in then.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SK8LUVR said:
Yes, I agree with the choice of letting Mandisa go last night. Although she has a wonderful booming voice I don't think she fit the image of a pop star. Now if she tried Christian singing then she would do wonderful there.
Sorry but I guess I don't understand. Mandisa doesn't fit image of a pop star?? I didn't know you had to have that image to win. What does Christian music have to do with anything..........singing is singing.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dee - I think Mandisa has a great career as a Gospel singer... so I see the Christian connection
she's also a devout Christian, so I think that's where a lot of people are getting that

Mandisa got a lot of flack online last week when an article outted her as "anti-gay" because she holds Christian Author and Speaker Beth Moore in high regard. The article was hugely biased and one sided, and took everything Moore teaches out of context. It was poor reporting on the author's part but (go figure) people took it as total truth and the hating began. I think that's one of the reasons Mandisa finally found herself in the bottom 3. A lot of "fans" dropped her from one stupid article.

Add to the fact that her voice is definitely not for country and you get her voted off...

personally I had no feelings one way or the other. I'm not into a lot of Gospel music... so *shrugs* now Christian Pop I can handle lol

Queen will definitely be interesting

the themes this year suck (and when they don't the song choices do)

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Why don't you think she could have won??

I was shocked that Mandisa left. I haven't watched all the time but I listened when she sang.

Dee

In reply to your question: I don't believe any of the women are going to win this year. It's past time for AI to reward a male singer. They've had 3 female winners & 1 male. Do I think AI manipulates votes? Yes, I do.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Aretha Franklin is a great gosple singer, started out in her daddy's church, and doesn't fit the "image" of a pop star, but has done pretty well for herself. Let's see..............Bittney Spears, Justin Timberlake vs. Aretha and the late Luthor Vandross. Who would you rather listen to?