MK sighting in Torino!!! | Golden Skate

MK sighting in Torino!!!

nymkfan51

Medalist
One of my co-workers got a call from her mom today (who arrived yesterday in Torino) ... she said she saw Michelle and Dick Button today. :clap: I don't have any details, but I guess we will see MK at the opening ceremonies on Friday.
Also, maybe she will be on Button's first show Friday night ... that would be so totally cool!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Also, she may be among the skaters who are interviewed in tomorrow morning's TODAY Show. The line-up for TODAY's initial Torino program, tom'rw, includes "American figure skaters."

Maybe we'll get the ultimate 'double-delight' -- JOHNNY AND MICHELLE? 'Cause I'm dying to see & hear Johnny...and, as TODAY transmits 'live,' we may be in for some gems from Johnny!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Fabulous news! I'm glad that she's all ready there. I heard that she's the skaters nominee for carrying the flag for the Opening Ceremonies so that's awesome that's she's all ready in Torino. YAY MK!! :agree:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Great news, indeed.

I wonder if MK will be staying at the OlyVillage, with the majority of athletes? I remember how there was a big to-do in 1998, because MK was sheltered at a private home as opposed to Tara, who stayed at the village. In 2002, I believe that MK stayed at the villaage for a least a short time. I wonder what she's doing in Torino?

I hope that Johnny's description of the rooms doesn't scare MK away from the village! :rofl:

nymkfan51

Medalist
millie said:
Let the PR begin
and
The money rolls in!:) :)

What is this supposed to mean, millie?

And BTW Frau ... Michelle got crucifed in '98 for not staying in the Oly village ... but in 2002 she did stay in the village ... in fact, was the only U.S. lady to stay in SLC. The other two hightailed it to Colorado and Lake Arrowhead to train, and surprisingly were never critisized for it.
Funny :scratch:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
nymkfan51 said:
........[about 2002]......The other two hightailed it to Colorado and Lake Arrowhead to train, and surprisingly were never critisized for it.

NO JOKE?! I had no idea. We saw them at the opening ceremonies -- handing their cellphones to Pres Bush and all that -- so I assumed that they were in SLC, chumming with fellow athletes, for the duration!!! :laugh:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
IIRC at the Nagano Olympics MK spent some time with relatives that she doesn't get to see often who live in that part of the world.

I hear that while in Italy she will be staying with George Cloony at his villa;) .

millie

Medalist
nymkfan51 said:
What is this supposed to mean, millie?

And BTW Frau ... Michelle got crucifed in '98 for not staying in the Oly village ... but in 2002 she did stay in the village ... in fact, was the only U.S. lady to stay in SLC. The other two hightailed it to Colorado and Lake Arrowhead to train, and surprisingly were never critisized for it.

nymkfan51, if you had paid attention to this thread, you would have seen that I delited that post because I thought that it wasn't a nice post. So please don't get in a tizzy. No matter what we say or how we think will not have any effect on how the skaters will do at the Olympics. Come to think of it, what I said in that post was true-- the more PR, the more money she will have in her pocket, it's that true.

Let the games begin:)

millie

Medalist
Piel said:
IIRC at the Nagano Olympics MK spent some time with relatives that she doesn't get to see often who live in that part of the world.

I hear that while in Italy she will be staying with George Cloony at his villa;) .

Piel, tell her if she sees Camille to let us know.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Michelle could be doing what Sarah did -- go to Opening Ceremonies; leave and train elsewhere for a week or so; and then return. I am sure there are plenty of ice rinks in Milan or Rome where Michelle could train in relative privacy.

attyfan said:
Michelle could be doing what Sarah did -- go to Opening Ceremonies; leave and train elsewhere for a week or so; and then return. I am sure there are plenty of ice rinks in Milan or Rome where Michelle could train in relative privacy.
but are there any on Lake Como? If the lake is frozen, she could skate during the day and have a nice pasta and a glass of chianti with George at dinner. After dinner, well...... she might be in his next movie.:)

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
millie said:
nymkfan51, if you had paid attention to this thread, you would have seen that I delited that post because I thought that it wasn't a nice post. So please don't get in a tizzy. No matter what we say or how we think will not have any effect on how the skaters will do at the Olympics. Come to think of it, what I said in that post was true-- the more PR, the more money she will have in her pocket, it's that true.

What on earth are you talking about?
I started this thread and responded to a post you made only 3 or 4 posts in. And I am not in a tizzy ... I asked you a question. Next time I'll just ignore you.

millie

Medalist
nymkfan51 said:
What on earth are you talking about?
I started this thread and responded to a post you made only 3 or 4 posts in. And I am not in a tizzy ... I asked you a question. Next time I'll just ignore you.

You still don't get it, I deleted that post that you are refering to because I thought that it was a comment that I shouldn't have made. The reason I deleted was because I knew it would ruffle someone's feathers and from your post It was to late because I ruffled your feathers.:biggrin:

millie

Medalist
Joesitz said:
but are there any on Lake Como? If the lake is frozen, she could skate during the day and have a nice pasta and a glass of chianti with George at dinner. After dinner, well...... she might be in his next movie.:)

Joe

Is George making a figure skating movie?:rofl: :rofl:

nymkfan51

Medalist
millie said:
You still don't get it, I deleted that post that you are refering to because I thought that it was a comment that I shouldn't have made. The reason I deleted was because I knew it would ruffle someone's feathers and from your post It was to late because I ruffled your feathers.:biggrin:

No millie, you didn't ruffle my feathers. I don't understand your sense of humor, I guess.

orchid

On the Ice
Frau Muller said:
Great news, indeed.

I wonder if MK will be staying at the OlyVillage, with the majority of athletes? I remember how there was a big to-do in 1998, because MK was sheltered at a private home as opposed to Tara, who stayed at the village. In 2002, I believe that MK stayed at the villaage for a least a short time. I wonder what she's doing in Torino?

I hope that Johnny's description of the rooms doesn't scare MK away from the village! :rofl:

Oh , wasn't there a outbreak of the flu in the Village, which is why MK moved away?

bronxgirl

Medalist
Doesn't any athlete get flu shots? Safe, effective, especially if a flu virus decides you're home for the duration of the Olympics. I don't understand why this isn't a routine vaccine for these jet setters competing around the world, exposed to all sorts of other peoples germs:sheesh: