Sasha Cohen
Carolina Kostner
Michelle Kwan
Kimmie Meissner (go for it, Kimmie!)
Shizuka Arakawa

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
Should we hand out medals on a string or maybe do a nice fruit basket instead? Personally, I like the fruit basket, it will give a more positive image to the kids watching at home vs. encouraging the whole bling-bling, pimped out necklace thing... However, if we do the necklace thing, I think we should do gold for 1st instead of platinum ~ in case we get this on tv, the gold will sparkle more... just a thought... :p

I think we should consider a bouquet of flowers in addition to medals on a string. Should we include flags in some way??? ;)

DeLUGEnal DG

R.D.

Record Breaker
Let's see. SA, IS, SC, MK, MA, ES.

one can replace MA or ES with FS or CK.

I think there will be bombed performances from at least two of the contenders, putting them in the second group. I expect Kimmie to be way back in group 2 or 3.

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I think Kimmie will be under-marked even if she skates well (unless she skates very late in the short program and many of the condenders bomb-out before she skates). I think Elena Sokolova will be overmarked in the short.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
I think we should consider a bouquet of flowers in addition to medals on a string. Should we include flags in some way??? ;)

DeLUGEnal DG

Flowers are a cool touch. The flags would be difficult to carry, but I guess I could get my husband & his friends to lower the flags from the ceiling... Do you think we could get Usher to sing "Yeah!" when we hand out the medals? Now that's class...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we have all gone a little bonkers wanting to have a skating contest, fruit baskets, flowers, keyboard and saxes--- looking for Camille, what has happened to the members of Golden Skate???? :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
I think we have all gone a little bonkers wanting to have a skating contest, fruit baskets, flowers, keyboard and saxes--- looking for Camille, what has happened to the members of Golden Skate???? :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Girl, its called the Olympics... we're cracking under the pressure! (better us than our respective faves...:laugh: )

millie

Medalist
Dee4707 said:

Dee

The members of Golden Skate that are gone a little bonkers are realists. We all know that no matter how we feel about certains skaters or predicting if they will win or not only don't mean a grain of salt. At this point, it's all up to the skaters. All the hollering about one skater and the skepticism towards another skater, it's all out of our hands now. We've done our job to support them, now it all in their hands, oops I meant feet.:bow: :bow: :bow:

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Dee4707 said:
I think we have all gone a little bonkers wanting to have a skating contest, fruit baskets, flowers, keyboard and saxes--- looking for Camille, what has happened to the members of Golden Skate???? :laugh: :laugh: Dee
I think if this was an MM thread on scoring details, he would not try to be so amusing. :biggrin:

Hold up MM, time for scoring soon!! Time to think about placements Now.:thumbsup:

Joe

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
millie said:
The members of Golden Skate that are gone a little bonkers are realists. We all know that no matter how we feel about certains skaters or predicting if they will win or not only don't mean a grain of salt. At this point, it's all up to the skaters. All the hollering about one skater and the skepticism towards another skater, it's all out of our hands now. We've done our job to support them, now it all in their hands, oops I meant feet.:bow: :bow: :bow:

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Oh Millie... stop being so grown up!! And why aren't you at luge practice?!?

Seriously, though, I will second Millie's wish for all the skaters to go out & do their best! Yay! The olympics are finally here! So excited!! :clap:

millie

Medalist
Kwanford Wife said:
Oh Millie... stop being so grown up!! And why aren't you at luge practice?!?

Seriously, though, I will second Millie's wish for all the skaters to go out & do their best! Yay! The olympics are finally here! So excited!! :clap:

Bad news girls, I failed the doping test. The hair solution that I was using on my husband hair contained a banned substance but I might still be able to go. Montreal Canadians goalie is having the same problem. I'll to make to see what the outcome for him.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LET THE GAMES BEGIN with or without the Deluginals

Forgot my prediction

First : the best skater
Second: the second best skater
Third: the third best skater

The other three, I don't know. It depends on how well they skate.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
millie said:
Bad news girls, I failed the doping test. The hair solution that I was using on my husband hair contained a banned substance but I might still be able to go. Montreal Canadians goalie is having the same problem. I'll to make to see what the outcome for him.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LET THE GAMES BEGIN with or without the Deluginals

Same here Millie my hemoglobin is too high for the first time in my life due to getting dehydrated on the flight over. :p I guess during my five day sit out I will do a little retail therapy and try to hydrate myself.

Not all is lost, if there is going to be a sax and keyboards the delugenal divas can at least:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: . BTW I saw on the Today show that snarky Katie Couric referred to us as the "Double D's".

My predictions.....

Irina
Sasha
Michelle
Shizuka
Carolina
Elena

Last edited: