Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is Johnny skating for USA or Russia?

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    I have the same jacket =P They sell them at Target for 24 bucks lol. One can also buy the Italia ones for the same price =)

At any rate, i see nothing wrong with it. They're kind of en-vogue at the moment. Go to any high school or college. You will see young males wearing track jackets like that one...with the emblem of a country of some sort.

My favourite one is my Canada jacket lol.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by thisthingcalledlove
    I have the same jacket =P They sell them at Target for 24 bucks lol. One can also buy the Italia ones for the same price =)

At any rate, i see nothing wrong with it. They're kind of en-vogue at the moment. Go to any high school or college. You will see young males wearing track jackets like that one...with the emblem of a country of some sort.

My favourite one is my Canada jacket lol.
    Don't tell me Target's gone Commie!

Custom Title
    Oh get over it. Johnny is enamored of all things Russian..he probably thought the jacket was a cool find. I highly doubt that he wore it to cause controversy at the Olympics. One of his choreographers is Russian. He is friends with a lot of Russian skaters and emulates the Russian style. Everyone has their idols. Do you think he is going to walk out in the opening ceremonies wearing it? Some people just don't have enough to complain about.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...oly11702091420
    How dare he wear a CCCP jacket at the Olympics. It is a slap in the face to team USA.
    In SLC Alexei Yagudin wore a Canada jacket to a hockey game. This was while the pairs controversy was going on. How do you think the Russians felt about it? A slap in the face, given the situation. In Johnny's case at least there is no controversy going on. Still, at the Olympic games it is better that players show respect to their federations, until the day when nationalities will be eliminated from the Olympics.

Vash

Skating Freak Barbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    Still, at the Olympic games it is better that players show respect to their federations, until the day when nationalities will be eliminated from the Olympics.

Vash
    The "nationality" on the clothing item in question HAS been eliminated already....CCCP does NOT equal "Russia".....

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    Come on,didn't you know that is the Official Jacket for Casey Craig's Curried Popcorn?That's what the initials stand for.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    In SLC Alexei Yagudin wore a Canada jacket to a hockey game. This was while the pairs controversy was going on. How do you think the Russians felt about it? A slap in the face, given the situation. In Johnny's case at least there is no controversy going on. Still, at the Olympic games it is better that players show respect to their federations, until the day when nationalities will be eliminated from the Olympics.

Vash
    As to Yagudin wearing Canada jacket, I think it was just inappropriate, especially since he was wearing it to Russia vs USA game.

Custom Title
    As much as I love Johnny, this is darned undiplomatic of him.

Would Pluschenko ever warm up in a Team USA outfit?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller
    I thought it was reported that Michelle wore Rafael's "Russia" jacket during her test skate. No one thought it was "unpatriotic" or "undiplomatic" for her.

Would Pluschenko ever warm up in a Team USA outfit?
    Does Pluschenko have an American choreographer and a history of wanting to skate in an American style? Does he have a significant other who's american?

Also very noteworthy is that the CCCP jacket is not the warm up outift of any country. I would also bet that at least one item of clothing that Pluscheno wears in trainnig is likely to be an American brand!

Ant

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb
    I would also bet that at least one item of clothing that Pluscheno wears in trainnig is likely to be an American brand!
    .... Made in China. The plot thickens.

Custom Title
    Does Pluschenko ....have a significant other who's american?

Ant

Oh....yum-yum....So does this mean that Johnny has a Russian 'significant other'? Pray tell....

Quote Originally Posted by Aloft04
    .... Made in China. The plot thickens.

I was going to write that but then thought it all got too complicated...!

Maybe the Chinese have a deal going with the Russians that because Pluschenko is wearing clothes made in China, and Johnny is now illegally the fourth member of the russian team by virtue of a secret "i love communism" tattoo under his left armpit, then Shen & Zhao will win the gold medal in pairs for the US so long as Plushy wins the gold for China thus allowing Johnny to remain a member of the Russian team and can get held up by the judges to take the silver medal!

Ant <who's feeling even more silly now that pairs SP is but a day away!!!

Oh....yum-yum....So does this mean that Johnny has a Russian 'significant other'? Pray tell....
    I don't think it big news - i'm going off memory here but i think in an article at the start of the season Johnny was asked about his love of Russia and all things russian and then asked if there was someone special in his life and he replied that there was and that they are russian...i think he's said stuff to them in russian after performances.

Ant

Custom Title
    I don't think it big news - i'm going off memory here but i think in an article at the start of the season Johnny was asked about his love of Russia and all things russian and then asked if there was someone special in his life and he replied that there was and that they are russian...i think he's said stuff to them in russian after performances.

Ant
    Thanks, ant. News to me! So it is 'them' and not 'she' (or 'he')???? This is getting more interesting by the minute!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast