Will Men's Hockey be over shadowed by Gretzy's problems? | Golden Skate

Will Men's Hockey be over shadowed by Gretzy's problems?

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I have heard today that Wayne is planning to go to Turin to help with the Canadian Men's Hockey team. Do you think that his presence will be the talk-of-the-town over shadowing the reason for being there? He says he is not involved but I think he is lying and that he knew his wife, Janet Jones, was involved with the gambling ring in New Jersey. Thoughts?????

mike79

On the Ice
Good to see you've already condemned him before anything is proven. No bias here at all.

If he goes people will complain about him overshadowing the team. If he didn't go people would say he's abandoning the team. It's a lose-lose situation for him.

He has every right to go since he's the executive director. This story is being blown completely out of proportion by the media who will latch on to any story to try and stir up controversy just for the sake of controversy, especially at the Olympics. I could care less about this story.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
SK8LUVR said:
I have heard today that Wayne is planning to go to Turin to help with the Canadian Men's Hockey team. Do you think that his presence will be the talk-of-the-town over shadowing the reason for being there? He says he is not involved but I think he is lying and that he knew his wife, Janet Jones, was involved with the gambling ring in New Jersey. Thoughts?????

No Canadian who believes in the Great one has lost faith in him. For the most part, we beleive him. Why would Gretsky who has always kept his integrity and kept his private life above board through his hockey career suddenly do something out of character? I think not!!! His wife is from the States, we don't know much about her, go ask Janet, but leave the great one alone!!!!