New to the Board | Golden Skate

New to the Board

dreams76

Spectator
Hi all,

This is my first time posting on the board and I am so excited I found this site! I used to love figure skating and was such a die-hard fan of the sport when I was younger and in school and had more time. At that time, my favorite was pairs figure skating and that of Mishkutenok & Dmitriev. I thought they were just so awesome and was crushed when they lost to G&G in the '94 games. Then I moved on to ice dancing and loved Bourne & Kraatz. I was disappointed for them and all their close calls at the Olympics. When they called it quits in 2003, I stopped watching faithfully and just caught it here and there. I've been out of the loop for a couple of years but my interest is piqued again now that the Olympics are starting :biggrin: .

Who do you all think will be on top of the podium for the four disciplines? I'm hearing that Plushenko & Sluteskaya are favored for the singles. Who are favored for the pairs and dance?

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Welcome Dreams76!

Welcome to Golden Skate!! I graduated from High School in '76. What's your connection to '76?? ;) I won't even get into the podium speculations.... we will all know soon. What I REALLY want to know today, is whether or not my female German Shepherd will have a SchH 1 title tomorrow night. (OK GS'ers, Kimba is counting on your support!!)

Enjoy the Olys with us!!

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Welcome to the board! Don't be afraid of some of the snarkier people on here, just snark back at them ;) for some, their snark is worse than their bite

and that would be the end of my stupid puns! enjoy the fun!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome Dreams 76. Have fun and post a lot.

Dee

lindasaffell

Rinkside
How was Kimba's competition?

Doggygirl said:
What I REALLY want to know today, is whether or not my female German Shepherd will have a SchH 1 title tomorrow night. (OK GS'ers, Kimba is counting on your support!!)
DG

So, how did Kimba do? Is that SchutzHund? (Can you tell I am a cat lover who has occasionally had dogs as pets? :laugh: ) One of the veterinarians around here has been doing SchutzHund for a while, and explained a lot about it to me.

L

lindasaffell

Rinkside
dreams76 said:
I've been out of the loop for a couple of years but my interest is piqued again now that the Olympics are starting :biggrin: .

Welcome! I am pretty new to the forums here myself, but I like the interest in figure skating!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Welcome, 76, to Golden Skate........have fun here and post often..............42

JOHIO2

Medalist
dreams76,
Hope you and all the other newbies on the board have been enjoying the Olympics. Be sure to stick around after, 'cuz the season doesn't end in Feb. We still have the World Championships to go and they should be just as exciting.

Again, welcome.

Jill

On the Ice
Hi Dreams and welcome. We're a friendly bunch, so bust right in and stir up the pot a little.