Kwan Cut Practice Short | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kwan Cut Practice Short

Red Dog said:
Hey, I'm just tired of people rehashing things that happened eons ago. So MK didn't go to the 1998 ceremony. big frickin whoop. Nobody cares. Now let's move on...

I really hope MK can stay in this. I'd really be disappointed if she can't skate and has to pull out. Hang in there...
RD - You spend most of your time gleaning other peoples comments selecting those that you can use. Nothing wrong with that. You are a novice at figure skating forums.

There are many of us who can enjoy the past and look forward to the future. Sonia Henie through Irina Sluskaya. We are constantly moving on and Bebe Liang in 2010 over Mao Asada who would probably win this one.

I speak with conviction. I am also wrong half the time but I do not worry about that and tag qualifying phrases at the end of my major statement.

You would never see me write: Slutskaya will win, but maybe not, because anything can happen. That's like saying. I don't know who will win. I'm afraid to predict because I don't want to be known as a loser.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
a 3-peat for the US, in a sense. But a three-peat usually refers to a TEAM winning three championships in a row, from what I know...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
RD - You spend most of your time gleaning other peoples comments selecting those that you can use. Nothing wrong with that. You are a novice at figure skating forums.

There are many of us who can enjoy the past and look forward to the future. Sonia Henie through Irina Sluskaya. We are constantly moving on and Bebe Liang in 2010 over Mao Asada who would probably win this one.

I speak with conviction. I am also wrong half the time but I do not worry about that and tag qualifying phrases at the end of my major statement.

You would never see me write: Slutskaya will win, but maybe not, because anything can happen. That's like saying. I don't know who will win. I'm afraid to predict because I don't want to be known as a loser.

Joe

well, if my comments or "non-predictions" bother you that much...then I don't know what to say. I'm through arguing with you.

Last edited:

kyla2

Final Flight
Saw The Film

I saw the film of Michelle practicing and it doesn't look good at all. She was also crying at the boards. I don't think she would be doing that if she wasn't sure she had a pretty big problem here. Having said that I am going to say a prayer for her that she can hang in there and pull this off somehow. But I think it's going to take just that, a miracle.

R.D.

Record Breaker
crying from pain, or from disappointment?

I'd be (more) worried if it was from pain. But it's normal if she's crushed that this is happening now.

millie

Medalist
flowjo35 said:
Not sure where you got that information from. Michelle did not call a press conference to discuss her practice. This was scheduled days ago, just like Kimmie's was yesterday and Sasha's will be tomorrow. These scheduled press conferences were posted on the USFSA board earlier this week I believe.:)

You are talking about the scheduled press conference on Friday that she did. This conference was called my Michelle this morning after her practice. I saw both of her press conferences. The press conference that she did was shown on CBC this morning after her practice.

Panther2000

On the Ice
yelyoh said:
I am baffled at MK's decision to march in the opening ceremonies. After a long plane ride she should have been resting and keeping her body warm. Not marching around in the cold and sitting around in the cold. To have pushed herself like that was IMHO foolish and a bit self destructive. Sasha is playing it smart and so is Irina. Why can't MK? I hope she decides to stay off the ice for a couple of days, in that she won't even be competing for a week and a half, and just rests. I suspect that this is it for her. It makes me sad for her and angry at her. Oh well, there're a lot of other Olympics competitions going on.

Well, for starters Michelle skipped the OC in 1998 & was Hammered by the press for it. Had she done this again she once again would have been killed by the press.

Irnia did march in the parade & what ever for shasa. But, neither of them are under the pressure that Michelle is always under when it comes to any olympics. from 1998 to 2006. Michelle is damned if she is & damned if she doesn't.

Though, I was thinking the samething myself last night. They really need to cut down on these cermonies. 4. + hours & then sitting around waiting to march into the stadium. Please:cool:

I think that she will be fine. Like she said that she was stiff & her feet aren't under her & her body was stiff. She'll be more than fine. No on thought that she would recover from her injuries in time for the test skate. & she did.:rock:

nymkfan51

Medalist
With all due respect to everyone's opinions, I think the media missed this one completely. Michelle had a bad practice. Considering she was stiff this morning, she probably should not have even attempted any jumping today. But she did, and I'm sure she was disappointed and a bit freaked out that she couldn't get the flip done. Plus, Raphael wasn't there, so that didn't help matters.
I don't believe for one minute that she left that practice thinking about withdrawing. It was only after being pounded with questions about it, that she answered them exactly as would be expected. Of course she will withdraw if she can't skate satisfactorily. But why would she even contemplate that after just one practice?
I'm not buying it. I think we will see a different Michelle in the next few days.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Why, why, why?:cry: I feel so bad for her. I know life is not fair but she has done nothing to deserve this. Fate must have some very special things in store for her to make up for this. If she has to withdraw the Olys will be over for me. What a bummer.

nymkfan51 said:
With all due respect to everyone's opinions, I think the media missed this one completely. Michelle had a bad practice. Considering she was stiff this morning, she probably should not have even attempted any jumping today. But she did, and I'm sure she was disappointed and a bit freaked out that she couldn't get the flip done. Plus, Raphael wasn't there, so that didn't help matters.
I don't believe for one minute that she left that practice thinking about withdrawing. It was only after being pounded with questions about it, that she answered them exactly as would be expected. Of course she will withdraw if she can't skate satisfactorily. But why would she even contemplate that after just one practice?
I'm not buying it. I think we will see a different Michelle in the next few days.
Any report from a doctor or medical assistant?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Now boys, cut it out. Here I am all upset over Shelly and you two are going at it as if nothing's wrong in Skateland.

(And I just became my mother:eek: )

MidnightNess

Rinkside
I'm not too worried, yet.

She had a long flight, multiple interviews, the olympic ceremonies and jet lag. Plus she probably didn't sleep too well and has to get used to the ice conditions.

I think she just plain freaked out and I'm glad she quit when she did and not let it stress her out even more so.

The media took this way overboard (and subsequently so did a lot of people because it's contagious ;) ) and it would be in Kwan's best interest to go to a private rink. She's had enough stress in the past month with having to prove herself healthy and ready to compete, she doesn't need them writing articles and asking questions for every misstep she takes out on the practice ice.

Panther2000

On the Ice
Mathman said:
I think Hockeyfan is right (as always) about the rules for withdrawing due to injury. But I bet USFS could wiggle out of it by saying that Michelle re-injured her groin as a separate incident after she got to Turin, or something of the sort. Either that or arrange for some other skater to crash into Michelle during practice on the last day before the draw, and say that the accident caused a new injury. (Sasha says, no, not me -- make Kimmie do it.)

MM :)
:agree: :rock: :rofl:

you got that right. Sasha won't go any whre near her. Kimmie is the new upstart. Make her earn her stripes

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
Why, why, why?:cry: I feel so bad for her.If she has to withdraw the Olys will be over for me. What a bummer.
Oh Piel, come on now, we need your wonderful posts. Michelle will do what is best for her, you know that!! Chin up now and smile, it's going to be OK.

Dee

mzheng

Record Breaker
millie said:
Mzheng, that was reported at MKF. Funny you didn't see it.
Thanks. I don't read every thread at MKF even I'm a member there. I just wondering where the info come from since it was not made public last I heard. But now I guess so, her agent Shep released news.

Panther2000

On the Ice
nymkfan51 said:

I agree.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I thought the Olys were already going to be exciting. Throwing a healthy Kwan in the mix would really have shaken things up. It's too bad if she can't be at the top of her game. If she CAN skate, but not 100%, do you think she should still go? Or should she pull out?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks Dee:) I have been so excited for the Olys to start mainly just for Kwan to get another chance at that OGM. Twelve years is a LONG time to keep hoping for something and then to see that it might not happen. .I have been teary eyed ever since I loigged on and saw this thread. Just can't bear to watch the ladies if she's not there.