PAIRS SHORT - Wheee, here we go! | Page 6 | Golden Skate

PAIRS SHORT - Wheee, here we go!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
T and M skated extremely well, but I don't know why, they just leave me cold. If Shen and Zhao can't make it to the top of the podium, I'm pulling for Pang and Tong, my second favs............I and B were fantastic, so smooth and that triple axel was incredible........good for them...........42

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ok, I get as surprised every time. How come TT/MM get level 4 lift? please, someone answer this.. and also to say there double twist was as good as the chinese pairs..nooo..

As Jaime and David said, they are the worst lifters of the top 10 pairs or so while Petrova & Tikhonov are the best. They love her positions, but point to his snow throwing footwork and instability. But that's GOE, not level. They get level 4 because he does the max number of turns under her, lets her down on an inside edge, lifts her with one arm, there's one other feature, I forget, but it's like that....not eyepopping., Vasiliev and their choreographer use COP very much to their advantage...and Piseev and Ciquanta make sure it's to their advantage.

JOHIO2

Medalist
In regards to the low scoring Koreans. He qualified Korea for a place in the Olympics with a partner who was too young to go. The federation wanted to use the place, so paired him up with another partner for the O's. So they've only skated together a few months at best. Hope they are enjoying their Olympic experience and that both are getting psyched to go home and improve enough for both pairs to go next time.