It has finally happened.... | Golden Skate

It has finally happened....

I can't hear the commentators for the music!!! :rock: :clap: :rock:

Much as I love Dick Button, I really don't know if I can put up with two weeks of Bezic's smarmy voice or not. Has the "mute the commentators" button finally been invented? :chorus:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was so happy to hear Dick commentating for the pairs. I agree Sandra needs a muzzle. Tom gets a little on my nerves too.

Dee

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I thought I was going to see Scott and hoping Sandra wouldn't be there. Dick & Sandra both critical type personalities, and sound stuck up. It grates on my nerves.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Muzzle to all three. As much as I respect Dick, I hate how is commentary can be so negative. Sometimes it's helpful, but after a while, the constant pedantry gets on my nerves.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
bethissoawesome said:
Muzzle to all three. As much as I respect Dick, I hate how is commentary can be so negative. Sometimes it's helpful, but after a while, the constant pedantry gets on my nerves.

His "BOOTY" comment on the pairs got old after the third pair lol. Time to start a drinking game!

I got the feeling that Sandra would not allow Dick his comments but interrupted him several times for the sake of making her own comments. If I were a director of this 'show', I would definitely not team them together. They don't meld.

She has gone overboard with the Russian Pairs. I think she has been warned to cool her comments.

On another level, there are less comments during the actual skating. that's good.

Joe

Kathleen

Rinkside
A friend of mine e-mailed me last night (not a skating "fan") and asked me what was up with the commentating.....with Dick being so negative about everything. I guess I'm used to him after all of these years and didn't notice anything different, but I thought that it was interesting that my friend would have this perspective, kwim??

Jhar55

Medalist
Was suprised that Dick was commenting being he works for ABC, but was glad because at least I can tolarate him a little. Don't care for Sandra last night in the pairs she kept saying there should be a little/slight deduction on this or that but when the scores came up there were none. Like everyone else I wish they would keep there mouth shut until the skate is over then tell what was done wrong or what move they did wrong. Love the mute button but then ya can't hear the music. :laugh:

soogar

Record Breaker
Kathleen said:
A friend of mine e-mailed me last night (not a skating "fan") and asked me what was up with the commentating.....with Dick being so negative about everything. I guess I'm used to him after all of these years and didn't notice anything different, but I thought that it was interesting that my friend would have this perspective, kwim??

Dick was setting up big time to bash the Russian pairs and do a wuzrobbed. And then he actually watched the competition and realized that the top two Russian pairs have superior skating skills and unison to every other pair competing in this competition and wisly shut his mouth. I don't know pairs skating to tell lift levels, but I do know basic skating and use of edges and the top two Russian teams were far superior to everyone else.

One thing I liked was that Sandra knows pairs skating and could actually tell when an error was made, unlike Dickie who was aluding a mistake as a cool entrance into a death spiral. I wish Sandra would do some research and call levels while she is commentating so I would know who was doing a level 4 lift and who wasn't. She gets paid enough money to read a rulebook.