Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do us proud, Emily

Custom Title
    Go Emily! She may surprise everyone and do very well since she didn't have the pressure or nerves for the past month thinking "I'm going to the Olympics!" Now it's like she's being called for a specific purpose and hopefully she goes and has a great time and a great skate!
    Last edited by isk82; 02-12-2006 at 03:53 PM.

During Nationals, I laughed at a comment by Terry Gannon: "Irina Slutskaya has to be wondering, 'How many Hughes girls are there?'"

I'm sad that Emily missed opening ceremonies, and has to deal with a snow storm, but she seems like a pretty level-headed girl. Methinks she'll have a great time.

Luv Deep Edges!
    Hi skating fans -

I want to add my own good wishes to this growing list. Go Emily! Skate on with your beautiful self and enjoy the moment..... and I hope you get there safely!

In addition - I'll be chanting special incantations and shaking bones and whatever else I can to put a hex on the following: the naysayers, the end-of the-worlders, the Hughes-haters, the media-circus-freaks, the "I-told-you-soers" and most especially the negativity-peddlers!

May their influence be minimal...... so far we've seen beautiful competition with the Pairs SP. I can't wait for the Men and the Ladies!

Tenorguy

Kick some major butt Emily.

I found THIS picture on my Yahoo opening page today. Notice the slight resemblence to Scott Hamilton in profile. I'm wondering if Michelle is thinking to herself, "If only Tonya Harding had a groin injury back in '94."

Rinkside
    Go, Emily!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    During Nationals, I laughed at a comment by Terry Gannon: "Irina Slutskaya has to be wondering, 'How many Hughes girls are there?'"

I'm sad that Emily missed opening ceremonies, and has to deal with a snow storm, but she seems like a pretty level-headed girl. Methinks she'll have a great time.

I liked that comment by TG! Don't worry, emily can go to the closing ceremonies!

On the Ice

Emily will be there

Blizzard or not, I am sure that a way will be found for Emily to make it to the Olympics in time to compete. I just wish she could get there a little sooner to get settled in and get acclimated. She seems to be a very intelligent and charming young lady, and I enjoy her fresh skating style.

Custom Title
    I'm very, very glad for Emily, that she's getting to skate in the Olympics. I loved the way she smiled and obviously enjoyed her ice time at Nationals. She had come back from a severe illness, meningitis, and I think she just so much appreciated being able to skate; she seemed to glow with joy. I think she should just continue to enjoy being on the ice, relax, and have a blast at Torino. I don't want to burden her with expectations, but I rather think she'll do just fine, especially if she skates with her joyous heart. All the best to you, Emily!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2