Do us proud, Emily | Golden Skate

Do us proud, Emily

S

SkateFan4Life

Best of luck to Emily Hughes! I am sure she will make us all very proud to have her represent our country.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Best of luck to Emily and all the skaters.
Emily has handled this like a champ and I am proud of her too.

Ditto! Fly with your beautiful body across the ice and just for Mathman and Idle--hey, I'm getting into it too--smile with those big flirty eyes while you're at it. :)

Rgirl

R.D.

Record Breaker
the most important thing, if you can do it- try to GET OUT OF SARAH'S SHADOW! Make a name for yourself! Stand out!

S

SkateFan4Life

Red Dog said:
the most important thing, if you can do it- try to GET OUT OF SARAH'S SHADOW! Make a name for yourself! Stand out!

It will be an interesting Olympics for Emily. Already she has two labels:

"2002 Olympic Champion Sarah Hughes' little sister"
"Michelle Kwan's replacement"

Now let's see Emily make her own story with her wonderful skating!! Go for it, Emily! :clap:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do us proud, Emily! I have no doubt that she will! :love:

I just hope that people will come to appreciate her as a talented skater in her own right. :agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:

No kidding. She'll have to EARN that respect. I hope she can just really put on a good performance that she can be proud of, even if she ends up in 15th place.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
The east is having a record breaking blizzard right, now, of all times. I hope Emily can get a flight out!

maruru

Rinkside
SkateFan4Life said:

That's certainly not a way you would want to start your senior career at the international level. On the other hand, though, most skaters at the same point of their skating carrer would need to start by actively trying to make their names known, even under the new judging system. Fortunately or unfortunately, Emily has skipped that stage before her major debut. I hope she will turn this to her advantage, bring the best she can to the game and become her own girl.

Saundy

On the Ice
CzarinaAnya said:
The east is having a record breaking blizzard right, now, of all times. I hope Emily can get a flight out!

If I were the Hughes', I'd get in a snow plow and drive out of state unil I found a clear spot and catch a flight there! :laugh:

Good luck to her. I hope she makes it safely.

millie

Medalist
CzarinaAnya said:

That's not very good. I hear it's a really bad storm and a lot of cancellations. The Internationl airport in our town is swamped with flights diverted from the East coast of the U.S. There are so many flights at the airport that the Red Cross has the school buses ready to transfer the people to hotels. I hope that Emily can get out in time.

isk82

On the Ice
Go Emily! She may surprise everyone and do very well since she didn't have the pressure or nerves for the past month thinking "I'm going to the Olympics!" Now it's like she's being called for a specific purpose and hopefully she goes and has a great time and a great skate!

Last edited:

Spirit

On the Ice
During Nationals, I laughed at a comment by Terry Gannon: "Irina Slutskaya has to be wondering, 'How many Hughes girls are there?'"

I'm sad that Emily missed opening ceremonies, and has to deal with a snow storm, but she seems like a pretty level-headed girl. Methinks she'll have a great time.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Hi skating fans -

I want to add my own good wishes to this growing list. Go Emily! Skate on with your beautiful self and enjoy the moment..... and I hope you get there safely!

In addition - I'll be chanting special incantations and shaking bones and whatever else I can to put a hex on the following: the naysayers, the end-of the-worlders, the Hughes-haters, the media-circus-freaks, the "I-told-you-soers" and most especially the negativity-peddlers!

May their influence be minimal...... so far we've seen beautiful competition with the Pairs SP. I can't wait for the Men and the Ladies!

Tenorguy

IDLERACER

Medalist
I found THIS picture on my Yahoo opening page today. Notice the slight resemblence to Scott Hamilton in profile. I'm wondering if Michelle is thinking to herself, "If only Tonya Harding had a groin injury back in '94."