Thread: First Throw Triple Axel !!

SkateFan4Life

First Throw Triple Axel !!

US Champions Rena Inoue and John Baldwin completed a beautiful throw triple axel in their Olympic short program. The first-ever throw triple axel!!

I though their program was very well skated, and they certainly deserve their top ten placement.

In their post-performance interview, Baldwin said (to paraphrase), "We know how the judges evaluate us. We knew they would stick it to us in the program components mark, so we had to throw out the triple axel to get the marks."

Best of luck! Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan4Life
    US Champions Rena Inoue and John Baldwin completed a beautiful throw triple axel in their Olympic short program. The first-ever throw triple axel!!

I though their program was very well skated, and they certainly deserve their top ten placement.

In their post-performance interview, Baldwin said (to paraphrase), "We know how the judges evaluate us. We knew they would stick it to us in the program components mark, so we had to throw out the triple axel to get the marks."

Best of luck! Go for it!
    I'm so proud of them. I hope they have a terrific free skate!

Tripping on the Podium
    I was so happy and proud when Rena and John landed the throw triple axel! I'm so glad they placed within the top six, although I thought they deserved to be placed higher, but the top six at the Olympics is still very, very good. I can't wait to see their free skate, and I hope it's great!

Custom Title
    Magnificent!!!!!!!

I do think John needs to tone down in his interviews. I am not sure it was very smart to say that "they had to shove it into the judges" so that the judges will reward them.

An amazing moment for the sport and for the American pairs skating!

Custom Title
    Awesome, just awesome. I'm very happy for them and it was thrilling to watch such a beautiful throw, a real highlight for me.

On the Ice
    They were awesome. I would have placed them higher, though.
    Last edited by Serena; 02-12-2006 at 04:36 PM.

Rinkside
    WOO HOO!!! It was definitely awesome to watch.

And a beaut at that. Anyone know the difference in points for the throw 3 ax over a throw 3 loop?

I thought it was absolutely amazing, couldn't have been more perfect.
    Last edited by RealtorGal; 02-13-2006 at 09:16 PM.

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_Blues_fan
    Magnificent!!!!!!!

I do think John needs to tone down in his interviews. I am not sure it was very smart to say that "they had to shove it into the judges" so that the judges will reward them.

An amazing moment for the sport and for the American pairs skating!
    I have to agree with you about John's comments. He needs to be a bit more careful when the microphone is on.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    I have to agree with you about John's comments. He needs to be a bit more careful when the microphone is on.
    ITA Bt what's the point of interviewing if not tp get their actual oppinion. If not one might else well make up their responses

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Throw 3S 4.5
    Throw 3Lp 5.0
    Throw 3F or 3Lz 5.0
    Throw 3A 7.5 (8.333 after the 2 minute mark)
    Throw 4S 8.0

That's the point schedule for throws done/attempted in the pairs competition this year.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-14-2006 at 09:01 PM.

Why? I love the way he and Johnny W. are outspoken and say what is on their minds. I am so sick of hearing the same old, "I just want to do my best and have fun and leave the rest up to the judges." It's refreshing to hear these people say what they really think. After all, THEY are the ones paying money for lessons, travel, etc., and THEY are the ones practicing for hours each day. It should be up to them to say whatever they want. I don't think either of them has said anything offensive.
    Last edited by RealtorGal; 02-15-2006 at 02:32 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Realtorgal, I agree with you on this one. As far as I can tell, now that John Sr's dream is fulfilled and Rena is back to the Olympics and made history, John Jr can go back to doing what he likes which is RVing, playing poker, daytrading, and selling cars and Rena can go on to medical school to be a pediatrician-he's given 32 years to other people's dreams, and I'd let him say what he wants, especially since they don't seem to be seeking a career in skating.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI
    Realtorgal, I agree with you on this one. As far as I can tell, now that John Sr's dream is fulfilled and Rena is back to the Olympics and made history, John Jr can go back to doing what he likes which is RVing, playing poker, daytrading, and selling cars and Rena can go on to medical school to be a pediatrician-he's given 32 years to other people's dreams, and I'd let him say what he wants, especially since they don't seem to be seeking a career in skating.
    Bravo! Excellent point!