First Throw Triple Axel !! | Golden Skate

First Throw Triple Axel !!

S

SkateFan4Life

US Champions Rena Inoue and John Baldwin completed a beautiful throw triple axel in their Olympic short program. The first-ever throw triple axel!! :clap:

I though their program was very well skated, and they certainly deserve their top ten placement.

In their post-performance interview, Baldwin said (to paraphrase), "We know how the judges evaluate us. We knew they would stick it to us in the program components mark, so we had to throw out the triple axel to get the marks."

Best of luck! Go for it!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SkateFan4Life said:
US Champions Rena Inoue and John Baldwin completed a beautiful throw triple axel in their Olympic short program. The first-ever throw triple axel!! :clap:

I though their program was very well skated, and they certainly deserve their top ten placement.

In their post-performance interview, Baldwin said (to paraphrase), "We know how the judges evaluate us. We knew they would stick it to us in the program components mark, so we had to throw out the triple axel to get the marks."

Best of luck! Go for it!

I'm so proud of them. :clap: :clap: I hope they have a terrific free skate!

flutterby1145

Rinkside
I was so happy and proud when Rena and John landed the throw triple axel! I'm so glad they placed within the top six, although I thought they deserved to be placed higher, but the top six at the Olympics is still very, very good. I can't wait to see their free skate, and I hope it's great!

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Magnificent!!!!!!!

I do think John needs to tone down in his interviews. I am not sure it was very smart to say that "they had to shove it into the judges" so that the judges will reward them.

An amazing moment for the sport and for the American pairs skating!

emma

Record Breaker
Awesome, just awesome. I'm very happy for them and it was thrilling to watch such a beautiful throw, a real highlight for me.

Serena

Rinkside
They were awesome. :rock: I would have placed them higher, though.

Last edited:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
And a beaut at that. Anyone know the difference in points for the throw 3 ax over a throw 3 loop?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I thought it was absolutely amazing, couldn't have been more perfect. :clap:

Last edited:
S

SkateFan4Life

STL_Blues_fan said:
Magnificent!!!!!!!

I do think John needs to tone down in his interviews. I am not sure it was very smart to say that "they had to shove it into the judges" so that the judges will reward them.

An amazing moment for the sport and for the American pairs skating!

I have to agree with you about John's comments. He needs to be a bit more careful when the microphone is on.

enlight78

Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:
I have to agree with you about John's comments. He needs to be a bit more careful when the microphone is on.
ITA Bt what's the point of interviewing if not tp get their actual oppinion. If not one might else well make up their responses

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Throw 3S 4.5
Throw 3Lp 5.0
Throw 3F or 3Lz 5.0
Throw 3A 7.5 (8.333 after the 2 minute mark)
Throw 4S 8.0

That's the point schedule for throws done/attempted in the pairs competition this year.

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
Why? I love the way he and Johnny W. are outspoken and say what is on their minds. I am so sick of hearing the same old, "I just want to do my best and have fun and leave the rest up to the judges." It's refreshing to hear these people say what they really think. After all, THEY are the ones paying money for lessons, travel, etc., and THEY are the ones practicing for hours each day. It should be up to them to say whatever they want. I don't think either of them has said anything offensive.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Realtorgal, I agree with you on this one. As far as I can tell, now that John Sr's dream is fulfilled and Rena is back to the Olympics and made history, John Jr can go back to doing what he likes which is RVing, playing poker, daytrading, and selling cars and Rena can go on to medical school to be a pediatrician-he's given 32 years to other people's dreams, and I'd let him say what he wants, especially since they don't seem to be seeking a career in skating.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
DORISPULASKI said:
Realtorgal, I agree with you on this one. As far as I can tell, now that John Sr's dream is fulfilled and Rena is back to the Olympics and made history, John Jr can go back to doing what he likes which is RVing, playing poker, daytrading, and selling cars and Rena can go on to medical school to be a pediatrician-he's given 32 years to other people's dreams, and I'd let him say what he wants, especially since they don't seem to be seeking a career in skating.

:clap: Bravo! Excellent point!