Skater's Weights | Golden Skate

Skater's Weights

isk82

On the Ice
All the other sports list or show height/weight before the person goes, so if skating wants to be considered a serious sport along with everyone else, why not. I think it's interesting becasue sometimes they look so much bigger or smaller on TV than they really are so it gives a sense of perspective.

orchid

On the Ice
Ya think we will see Pang and Zhang's weight broadcast on NBC? Nope, not like we see skiers and snowboaders, at least the men.

mzheng

Record Breaker
orchid said:
Ya think we will see Pang and Zhang's weight broadcast on NBC? Nope, not like we see skiers and snowboaders, at least the men.
What about Tatiana's weight? Or Tineth weight?
Have you tried to live in asia just for half year try to buy some clothes your size there?

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
I don't think their weights should make a person feel fat,especially if you look at it realistically,they are on ice nearly everyday,several hours a day with off ice training besides that,she is going to be in better shape than most of us.

RubyNV

Rinkside
Never mind!

What does the weight of any of the skaters have to do with any of us?
No, the weights should not be posted! There is so much anorexia and bulimia in the sport. It's too bad you have to be so tiny to be a world -class skater.
A lot of the skaters look about the size I was when I was in 6th grade!!!!!
I am worried about the lack of development of some of the females who are of the age where their hormones should have activated some time ago. Why are they still so very short and undeveloped??? I've often wondered if some of the skaters and gymnasts take something that delays development. I've always found it very suspicious that many of these female skaters have such tiny, high-pitched voices, like young children.