Men's SP start list | Golden Skate

Men's SP start list

The first group is very strong. Under the old scoring system the judges would have to space out the scores to have room to place all the later skaters. I wonder how it will work out in the NJS.

This skate order could be disadventageous to Li, Buttle and Takahashi. (It doesn't matter where Plushenko skates.)

MM

Last edited:

anya_angie

Final Flight
OMG LOL I will end up biting my nails like crazy waiting to see the final results.

*thinks to self: Zhenya, bless his superstitious heart, REALLY needs to shave LOL!*

lotusland

On the Ice
Well, well, this is one event I guess I will be watching from the very first through to the very last skater. As they say ... it ain't over until the fat lady sings ;)

Good luck to each of the competitors!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This is Plushy's event to win or lose. He is an amazing skater and I hope he pulls it off! 42

Serena

Rinkside
Mathman said:
I see Eman is the very last to skate. I wonder how that will affect his nerves.
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the order. I just hope he does well enough to be shown in the NBC broadcast- I know better than to hope for too much. There are so many skaters that I wish they'd show, but I know they won't. Darn NBC...

Mafke

Medalist
What very good judgement the ISU shows in using a random draw for the SP when there's no QR! Isn't it wonderful that the overwhelming favorite for gold will skate before most of the audience gets there. What excellent planning.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
Maybe off topic, but I'm rather shocked to hear that US channels aren't showing all of the figure skating. I thought it was a really big sport over there. Even little Sweden with no interest whatsoever in figure skating show all skates. Even the compulsory dance..

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Uh oh. Jeff in the first flight and Eman skating last.

What very good judgement the ISU shows in using a random draw for the SP when there's no QR! Isn't it wonderful that the overwhelming favorite for gold will skate before most of the audience gets there. What excellent planning

ITA. I've always thought the final 2 flights should be random draw of the top 12 ranked international skaters. If you're ranked low or not ranked, you go first. Top twelve ranked get a random slot but in the final 2 groups. Would have meant final two flights being: Buttle, Plush, Sandhu, Joubert, Lambiel, Weir, Lysacek, Li, Vanderperren, Dambier, Lindeman, and Takahashi. Doesn't that make more sense?

This should be interesting. Though, I'm not really worried about Plush being undermarked as the entire skating world is saying it's Plush's to lose. I'm sure the judges are prepared to bring out the big marks for him. I'd be more worried about the judges deciding the event early on since many of the contenders skate early with guys like Lysacek being left out of the equation.

Last edited: