Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Sasha Cohen's Reaction to Michelle Kwan's Withdrawal

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh
    Hmmm, I wonder whom MK is rooting for.
    Good question! I'd say she has on her "Got Irina?" sweatshirt as we speak!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    Good question! I'd say she has on her "Got Irina?" sweatshirt as we speak!
    Yeah KW, I think MK will quietly be in Irina's corner also. And if the situation were reversed, IS would be in MK's. I actually had a little fantasy wherein they would both tie for Gold but I know that couldn't have happened in any event.

Custom Title
    Oddly enough I think MK is rooting for Irina as well. I wonder if she'll ever tell us who she wants to win....

Custom Title
    I saw one interview the other night wherein Sasha was asked the MK withdrawal question and I was a bit surprised at her casual response - as though she'd been told MK had changed her breakfast menu for the day.

Anyway, I think it might have been nice for SC to feign some sympathy re: MK for the casual viewer but really what should be expect. The two skaters are not close. MK and Irina have a relationship of sorts and I have seen backstage shots of them comforting each other after a painful loss. But hey, this is SC's moment. She has a good shot at a medal and an outside shot at the gold. She deserves some attention for herself. Of course, now that MK is out I'm not sure who I will get my hopes up for. Maybe I will for once give myself a break and just enjoy the skating. Hmmm, I wonder whom MK is rooting for.
    Or perhaps, for Sasha, being an insider of the skating world, where talks of Michelle's state of fitness generated comments, such as Frank Carroll's, who's been saying all along that Michelle would not take a competetive ice at the Olympics, it looks like nothing indeed have changed "on the menu." I bet that her being turned into some kind of spokes woman for Michelle, and having constantly cover up for Kwan with phony offers of condolences, irks Sasha (and most likely other skaters as well, though they aren't being followed with a camera in their faces, literally, like Cohen is, having to comment about it all the time.)

You should check out Irina's comments to the press after she's the one who've suffered a "painfull loss" in the competition. Slutskaya is an odd choice for setting an example of a great attitude.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeKatie
    Oddly enough I think MK is rooting for Irina as well. I wonder if she'll ever tell us who she wants to win....
    Maybe Kwan is rooting for Irina.

I'd bet money that if Sasha would say somewhere that she's rooting for a Russian skater, she'd be bashed as not being supportive towards the US team. Anyone agrees that the double standart would be applied once again?

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by registered
    Maybe Kwan is rooting for Irina.

I'd bet money that if Sasha would say somewhere that she's rooting for a Russian skater, she'd be bashed as not being supportive towards the US team. Anyone agrees that the double standart would be applied once again?
    I'm feeling you on this, but not sure if it truly applies... mainly because out of all the ladies, these two are the only ones who appear to be friendly and on the same level ~ in terms of icons of the sport who are still competing. Heck, Irina has basically stated (please don't ask me to find it because I'm not...) that she doesn't feel bad about losing to Kwan because Kwan is her equal & that feeling is probably reciprocal...

Custom Title
    I dont think Kwan will tell us who she wants to win -- its too bad none of those "ace" reporters bothered to ask her during her last press conference (or did they?)

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Hmmm, I wonder whom MK is rooting for.
    That seems very odd to me that you would wonder that. Not that I can influence you in any way but I'm rooting for Cupcake!!

Go Cupcake!!!

Dee

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeKatie

OK, from a U.S. citizen your hoping for a Russian sweep at the Olympics. I am so glad that Americans feel that way about another country. That's what the Olympics is all about. As a Canadian I am rooting for the Canadians but I would love to see the American skaters win at least one medal and the Russians one also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    That seems very odd to me that you would wonder that. Not that I can influence you in any way but I'm rooting for Cupcake!!
    I'm rooting for Fumie. Fumie wins the Sara Lee Award: Everybody doesn't like somebody, but nobody doesn't like Fumie.

Banned
    I'm not sure what kind of shot Sasha has agaist Irina although I wish her welll but I am sure she needs to have her publisist or PR person make it clear she won't be discussing Kwan.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I'm rooting for Fumie. Fumie wins the Sara Lee Award: Everybody doesn't like somebody, but nobody doesn't like Fumie.
    you're too much....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    OK, from a U.S. citizen your hoping for a Russian sweep at the Olympics. I am so glad that Americans feel that way about another country. That's what the Olympics is all about. As a Canadian I am rooting for the Canadians but I would love to see the American skaters win at least one medal and the Russians one also.
    I don't think she's hoping for a sweep - she's definitely rooting for Belbin & Agosto!! (but who isn't...?? nobody? that's what I thought!!)

I am rooting for......uh....well, I'm not even sure anymore. I guess I don't really care all that much. I would, of course, be very happy with any Americans winning though.

If you are a man without a country then you will root for:

Stephane, Ilia KL, The Kerrs, and Miki Ando, already too late for Pang and Tong.

However, it's always nice when an American wins.

Joe

Custom Title
    I saw one interview the other night wherein Sasha was asked the MK withdrawal question and I was a bit surprised at her casual response - as though she'd been told MK had changed her breakfast menu for the day. I wondered if someone would start a thread on this, checked in today, and whoa!!!!! Muchas paginas!!!!!.
    Good Grief! Michelle hasn't skated for a year unless you call what she did at Marshalls something to hang her hat on. I don't think anyone really expected her to skate well in the Olympics after seeing her last skate. I sure didn't expect it and if Michelle did expect it she was fooling herself after her injuries. She gave it a try and her body failed her so give Sasha a break. Sasha is there to skate and thats what I want her to do without having to answer questions about Michelle.

Michelle is a great champion and stated she was leaving so the focas wouldn't be all about her so respect her wishes, FANS.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15