Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasha Cohen's Reaction to Michelle Kwan's Withdrawal

Banned
    Of course it was and Katie is lucky she decided to comment at all.

On the Ice
    Wow........touchy, touchy!! LOL

I'll I'm saying is that Cohen's PR person should have told her to say something nice and that would be the end of it. Like it or not, Michelle's withdrawing is a huge story. The fact that Katie Couric kept asking questions just goes to show you that the media is looking for comments, etc...from the athletes......particularly her competitors. You don't think they'll be asking Irina the same stuff??? Of course they will. The difference is that Irina will be classy and say something along the lines of how she is disappointed that Michelle won't be competing and wishes her a speedy recovery, etc.

I'm not bashing Sasha........just saying she could have handled things a lot better, and then topics like this one wouldn't even exist.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen
    I'm not bashing Sasha........just saying she could have handled things a lot better, and then topics like this one wouldn't even exist.
    You're still not making any sense.

Dee

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan4Life
    Maybe that's true, but at the very least, Sasha could have (and should have) said something nice about Michelle. Even if she is secretly rejoicing that Michelle has withdrawn from the competition, the classy thing would have been to have said something kind and compassionate.
    Sasha did say something nice about Michelle which is in all the newspapers. Though I don't blame Sasha for being annoyed about having to answer a questions about Michelle. Sasha is the favorite for gold and is the star of the American team, not some has-been who couldn't skate in Nationals. Plus Sasha always has to answer questions about Michelle for the past 4 years. I bet now that Michelle is out of the picture, Sasha is going to seize the moment and win Olympic gold.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen
    Wow........touchy, touchy!! LOL

I'll I'm saying is that Cohen's PR person should have told her to say something nice and that would be the end of it. Like it or not, Michelle's withdrawing is a huge story. The fact that Katie Couric kept asking questions just goes to show you that the media is looking for comments, etc...from the athletes......particularly her competitors. You don't think they'll be asking Irina the same stuff??? Of course they will. The difference is that Irina will be classy and say something along the lines of how she is disappointed that Michelle won't be competing and wishes her a speedy recovery, etc.

The only way to put the media in it's place is to restrict what they can ask in the first place. It's done all the time and should have been done in this instance. If Irena wants to comment, that's her business. Sasha clearly didn't want to comment and it was her PR person's job to see that she didn't have to.

average opinionated skate fan
    A gentle reminder that I just stated to another poster. ..

You are more than welcome to post almost anything about any skater if it is stated IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, JUST MY THOUGHTS, I FEEL, I THINK, IT IS MY IMPRESSION.

These mark thoughts and feelings as your own.

When you state things as fact ______ is fat, skinny, graceless, too this, too that....or she/he IS a diva, hard to get along with arrogant, ect...

These are judgements and they are usually based on only "knowing" the person through the TV or seeing them perform.

When I read statements about skaters such as the one that started the first couple of paragraphs of the origional thread I THOUGHT, "Wow, perhaps some of our posters ought to go in journalism. IN MY OPINION they are ready for Prime Time News since IT SEEMS TO ME that they aren't really interested in the whole truth either."

This whole thing actually cracks me up...it was a short week ago that Kelly Clarkston was being accused of snubbing American Idol because she didn't acknowledge them on the Grammy's. Shame on her for not thinking she was going to win in her category and not having all her notes prepared; We all KNOW that she just put on that nervous "oh my god, what I'm I doing up here" act to dig at Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Morganlee
    The only way to put the media in it's place is to restrict what they can ask in the first place. It's done all the time and should have been done in this instance. If Irena wants to comment, that's her business. Sasha clearly didn't want to comment and it was her PR person's job to see that she didn't have to.
    Still, I doubt if "Sasha Cohen's PR person" has the clout to tell Katie Couric what she can ask and what she can't.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enero
    My thoughts exactly! I like Emily, and I'm not trying to trash her, but I was extremely surprised with her reaction to being called. Yes I can understand her being excited, but I don't think I heard one word about how sorry she was that Michelle had to pull out. Yet Sasha is the one being raked over the coals for not worshipping at the altar of Michelle Kwan's graciousness for pulling out.

millie - ITA with everything you've said!
    Well why should Emily be sorry that Michelle dropped out? Michelle wasn't sorry when she took Emily's place. Why does everyone feel that it's so important to show fake graciousness?

What would Brian Boitano do?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan4Life
    Cohen stared at the reporters with an annoyed expression for a few seconds ...
    Without being critical
    ...given her penchant for being totally self-absorbed (almost narcissist)...
    ...too much for her to show any compassion ...
    Perhaps...
    Perhaps...
    Perhaps Cohen was irked ...
    Unlike Sasha, Emily seems to be open, friendly, cheerful, and articulate.
    Whew! Have a mental margarita, girl!

[above bold emphasis added]

Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Well why should Emily be sorry that Michelle dropped out? Michelle wasn't sorry when she took Emily's place. Why does everyone feel that it's so important to show fake graciousness?
    Fake graciousness is what makes the world go round. If everyone showed more fake graciousness, this vale of tears would be a better place to live in.

I will start by resolving to show more fake graciousness to all of my friends and fellow posters on Golden Skate.

MM

PS. How am I doing so far?

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Fake graciousness is what makes the world go round. If everyone showed more fake graciousness, this vale of tears would be a better place to live in.

I will start by resolving to show more fake graciousness to all of my friends and fellow posters on Golden Skate.

MM

PS. How am I doing so far?
    Better than me... i had to delete several replies to several posters because while people are stupid and spiteful, it won't make me feel any better about Michelle withdrawing by ripping fellow posters & their favs apart... whatever. such is life...

:sheesh: yet another thread that is old and so rehashed one has to wonder WHY we bring it up each and every time :sheesh:

I thought she did very well this morning. What's she supposed to say? Why does she have to kiss Kwan's @$$ every time she turns around, that's what Katie Couric and Scott Hamilton are for :sheesh:

Luv Deep Edges!
    Mathman - you are so funny and yet sadly on target. You're doing great! Would that graciousness, whether real or affected, permeated this woeful planet. Not to get philosophical, but why is it we as a species never seem to be able to enjoy a thing purely for what it is without having to mangle it through agenda?

I agree with you Kwanford Wife, people are acting like spiteful teenagers. None of us can be in the heads of any of the skaters involved; having all of this reporting leads people to a false sense of intimacy with the subject. No one knows if Sasha hates comparisons with Michelle, none of us knows truly if Emily feels anything about Michelle.

Tonichelle - I'm so surprised you mention anyone kissing Michelle's a$$. That is so very ugly - to Michelle and to Scott and Katie. Was that comment necessary at all?

Why not let Sasha's, Kimmie's and Emily's skating speak for itself?

Custom Title
    The people that -hiting on Sasha are the first ones to cry foul or trolls when the their are negative things said about Michelle. Michelle is injured and out of the Olympics (God bless her and I hope she gets well soon. Some people are acting as if she has died). There is nothing her fans can do now only sit back and belittle other skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenorguy
    Tonichelle - I'm so surprised you mention anyone kissing Michelle's a$$. That is so very ugly - to Michelle and to Scott and Katie. Was that comment necessary at all?
    what I meant by it is that if Sasha doesn't come out and cry big alligator tears for Michelle then she's a horrible little brat who shouldn't be allowed to breathe... Sasha can't go anywhere without being asked about Michelle and it's just annoying. Perhaps I should have used "butt" or another word. It was not a slight towards Michelle and certainly not towards Katie or Scott. However I don't see what one more person's perspective on the whole thing is nessecery, we know how Sasha feels lets leave it at that.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast