The men's sp's! | Golden Skate

The men's sp's!

Arianne

On the Ice
I am so excited to see the men's short programs! Matt Savoie has a gorgeous sp as does Lambiel, Buttle, Weir, and Plush. I think this competition should be getting more coverage. We basically are hearing nothing about the men and they compete on Tuesday! This is going to be a great showdown, probably better than the woman. Unfortunately, we get little or nothing. Anything can happen in the short program. Remember Plush's fall on the quad in 2002? It will also be interesting to see what men are putting quads in the sp, like Evan L. What do you think?

Arianne

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I agree with you - this is the part of the skating competition that is going to be (or should be) the best competition, there are so many talented and worthy men in the field. I am more excited about this than the ladies event.

guinevere

Final Flight
I think this will be the most interesting competition of the Games. I really hope we get to see more than just the top 6 - really, I think there are at least 8 men who I could see on the podium, easily. At least 2 of them won't even make the final flight of the LP!!

Even though I don't see him making the top 10, I really hope we get to see Savoie's Olympic performances. Aigh! There are just too many copetitors in this discipline that I really want to see!!!!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I am thrilled that I'm going to see Matt skate at the Oly's! It's such a surreal thing for me. GO Matt!!! Woo!

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I want to see all of these guys...

1. plushy
2. weir
3. lambiel
4. klimkin
5. savoie
6. sandhu
7. joubert
8. whoever the other russian guy is, cuz he's probably good
9. lysacheck (sp?)