Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Kwan's Withdrawal

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar

Kwan withdraws

Here it is:

http://www.usocpressbox.org/

I guess I was wrong about it...sigh...
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 02-12-2006 at 03:17 AM.

On the Ice
    I'm sooo bumbed out she can't compete. I truly wish her the best and i hope she's able to get well and maybe come back next year and end her career on a high note, if she so wishes to do it.

NBC just announced that she'll be having a press conference at 5am est on cnbc.

Custom Title
    This is awful news. I was hoping that she would tough it out, but this sounds like a very serious injury. I am so sad for her. I hope she still has the desire to compete. It will be sad to end a stellar career on such a down note.

Vash

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Bummer for Michelle. But I hope Emily Hughes is OK'd to replace her and has a great time and a great skate in Torino.

This is terrible. I don't know what to say.

Medalist
    I am speechless.

Really, there is nothing that I can say.

It's all about Plushenko.
    The era is over.
    I'll miss her a lot.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    This really is devastating, I feel so crushed for her. This will certainly change things as the ladies event approaches.

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    i'm sorry to see her drop out of the competition, but i'm sure she has thought this over and decided the best route for her. i'm glad she at least got to enjoy the opening ceremonies. it's sad. it really feels like the era of michelle kwan has just closed. but best of luck to emily, i'm sure she will be thrilled.

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    I don't think it's the end of an era. She kept her word. Even if the naysayers (which they will) say that she was stupid for having gone to the Olympics anyway, she at least taught the next generation a thing or two:

1. Always listen to your body; a piece of gold-plated silver on a ribbon isn't worth killing your body for.
    2. Always keep your word.

Well done, Michelle.

Apparently there will be a live press conference in about 20 mins, at 530am EST

Custom Title
    msnbc reports that the IOC has cleared Emily, but bad weather is preventing planes from taking off.

On the Ice
    I was SO sad to read this news when I got up this morning. Michelle has a lot of class......and the ladies event will certainly be missing something. :(

How exciting for Emily..........though I have to tell you, I'm on Long Island and we're in the middle of a blizzard right now and it's not supposed to stop snowing until about 4:00 this afternoon. Emily isn't going anywhere today. How frustrating!

Kwan seemed so out of sorts at the press conference, it was truely heartbreaking. I bet she hadnt slept a wink the night before. Does anyone know if her coach ever made it to Tourin? It must have been a challenge to be going through this withough a consegleri (am I remotely close on the spelling?)

Custom Title

Disappointed

Im so sad for her and hope she will go for 1 more season. Thats for me cause shes my only interest in skating. Id love to see Kimmie sneak in there. I wish Michelle a great career no matter what she decides to do. Skating wont be the same.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast